9 Week Old Frenchie Food

Miamistylez

Reaction score
Ok well I’m sure this has been asked hundreds of times (yes I used the search) but hey his September 2021 some maybe There have been some food breakthroughs lol. I have a Blue and Tan 9 week old Male it’s 7.2lbs and currently eating Royal Canin Vet GI (eye roll) looking for some kibble suggestions I have read about the following let me know your input and any kibbles you feed.

1. Orijen - Regional Red (I’m not sure Frenchy’s are active enough for such a high protein level and scared it’s going to turn into fat)
2. Acana Singles Beef and Pumpkin - Can’t find much on people feeding this to the Frenchy’s but I thought because of the pumpkin it would be good for the tummy.
3. Fermina - Seems like a lot of protein from peas?
4. Fromm - Educate me please

I’m so overwhelmed and scared I’m going to make the wrong choice for my baby boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome... it is a tough and important choice.

Open Farm is a great one.. check out the website.

Another is Zingnature limited ingredient

Try to avoid chicken and white potatoes

Last edited:

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of Open Farm!

Gka

Reaction score
Ok well I’m sure this has been asked hundreds of times (yes I used the search) but hey his September 2021 some maybe There have been some food breakthroughs lol. I have a Blue and Tan 9 week old Male it’s 7.2lbs and currently eating Royal Canin Vet GI (eye roll) looking for some kibble suggestions I have read about the following let me know your input and any kibbles you feed.

1. Orijen - Regional Red (I’m not sure Frenchy’s are active enough for such a high protein level and scared it’s going to turn into fat)
2. Acana Singles Beef and Pumpkin - Can’t find much on people feeding this to the Frenchy’s but I thought because of the pumpkin it would be good for the tummy.
3. Fermina - Seems like a lot of protein from peas?
4. Fromm - Educate me please

I’m so overwhelmed and scared I’m going to make the wrong choice for my baby boy.

Hi,
For me it was a lot of trial and error but Fromm works the best for Yuki. He first tried Pork and Peas then Pork and Applesauce. He likes the pork but it gave him serious stinky gas. lol. Now he is on Salmon ala Veg and this is the one!! The best thing about Fromm is that you can change from one protein to another with minimum transition.
His skin is clear with no bumps and he loves it! I have to also mention I sprinkle a probiotic on his food which also gives him perfect poops and minimal gas...lets face it Frenchies cannot be completely gas free. lol. Good luck and hope this helps.

🆕 Latest posts