A little brother for Gidget!!!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
He is adorable, and his nose is black already! Can't wait for those pictures to start pouring in!
[MENTION=314]Julie Stevenson[/MENTION] pied is white base color with patches of color.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Ok - someone educate me. What features determine pied?

My Leo is brindle pied, although his brindle is very hard to see. Cosette is also a pied girl...... I'm sure there are others on here that I'm forgetting at the moment! :)
Sarge is also a pied, as is Anne's new little guy. :)

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
He is adorable, and his nose is black already! Can't wait for those pictures to start pouring in!
[MENTION=314]Julie Stevenson[/MENTION] pied is white base color with patches of color.

Hmmm see now someone else was telling me it was if the face had part white and part another color like a pie missing a piece...but that didn't make sense. Your description makes more sense, but what determines white base and just a dog that is white and tan mixed color? Is it any frenchie that is white and another color? Is it only frenchies?

mhuinker

Reaction score
Hmmm see now someone else was telling me it was if the face had part white and part another color like a pie missing a piece...but that didn't make sense. Your description makes more sense, but what determines white base and just a dog that is white and tan mixed color? Is it any frenchie that is white and another color? Is it only frenchies?

Pied is short for Piebald. It can be white with any color, i.e. Frenchies come in Honey Pied, Cream Pied, Brindle Pied, Fawn Pied, etc etc..... I think that is it, but I could be wrong. I'm not sure if that piebald is just a color term used for Frenchies or not though. :(
I think to be determined a Pied color, the white must be the dominant color, but I don't know the percentage.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Ok - someone educate me. What features determine pied?

This cutie that is freaking Ollie out is what I believe to be a fawn pied:
ollie1meetup.jpg

This is Leo's mom, she is actually considered a brindle (with some white) she is not a pied:
s2008becka.jpg

Alice Kable

Reaction score
It isn't only Frenchies, English Bulldogs, Doxies, etc., and it isn't only dogs. Horses and pigs are sometimes pied or piebald. I had a red pied EB, I know on EBs . the colored and white parts have an irregular pattern--splotchy. [MENTION=194]mhuinker[/MENTION] that is a perfect picture of a pied Frenchie!

Last edited:

🆕 Latest posts