Allergies

MylatheFrenchie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope this message finds you well. My Frenchie, Myla, has been dealing with allergies throughout her life, having lived in various states like Ohio, Michigan, Montana, and currently South Florida. Presently, she is undergoing cytopoint shots, taking apoquel, and using a topical cream called Pharmaceb. Her prescribed diet includes Royal Canin Ultamino.

Despite these efforts, she continues to lick her paws and rub the right side of her face, and rub her back against the couch. Additionally, she has hard bacterial spots on her back, the attached picture was taken before I received the atopical cream and shampoo from the vet, but her hair has grown back. Has anyone faced a similar situation with their Frenchie, and if so, how did you address and resolve it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1618.jpeg
    IMG_1618.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1617.jpeg
    IMG_1617.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • 72459886841__8F255093-143F-46F7-80D4-9E05AEAF843E.jpeg
    72459886841__8F255093-143F-46F7-80D4-9E05AEAF843E.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Has an allergy test even been done to try to identify the allergen? Food or environment can be the issue heck even both. My Frenchie is 12 and hasn't experienced allergies, but our bulldogs have. Chicken was a big issue for two of them, our boy was also allergic to lamb, corn, soy and dairy.

Since you girl is on allergy meds, testing might get false negative results. I would suggest switching foods to a better quality kibble... Open Farm, Zignature, Farmina,,, get a single protein formula... try duck or turkey first and see how she does over like 2-3 weeks. Also, there is a cream you can get on Amazon, NuStok, it stinks to high heaven but it works for all type of skin issues. And, be sure to add in a probiotic... I use either raw/refrigerated sauerkraut or Adored Beast gut soothe.

Please keep us posted

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! As Christine said, I would definitely try to switch to a higher quality food. Jax is 10 and is allergic to everything green outside. He also does not do well with lamb, duck or turkey. If you can, figuring out the allergies is best so you know what to avoid. I feed a raw diet along with Cytopoint every 4-5 months. I also give a skin and coat supplement made with mushrooms. Add probiotics if you aren’t already. And yes to Nustock!

πŸ†• Latest posts