Apoquel, Benadryl Not Offering Hive Relief

DallasFrenchie

Reaction score
3 AM and I am up because Brady is so uncomfortable it pains me to watch him suffer! He has hives on his belly and legs for almost 12 hours now. He's already prescribed Apoquel for his allergies and I just gave him more benadryl but it hasn't offered him much relief.

Any ideas what could help him while I wait for the 4 and a half hours until the vet opens? He's unable to sleep because of his hives, I feel so bad! :(

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
3 AM and I am up because Brady is so uncomfortable it pains me to watch him suffer! He has hives on his belly and legs for almost 12 hours now. He's already prescribed Apoquel for his allergies and I just gave him more benadryl but it hasn't offered him much relief.

Any ideas what could help him while I wait for the 4 and a half hours until the vet opens? He's unable to sleep because of his hives, I feel so bad! :(

sorry so late to reply.... cool wash cloth on him to help

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Maybe ask your vet about Cytopoint. A few people on here use it for their Frenchies with success. Sorry to hear your guy is so uncomfortable :-(

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe ask your vet about Cytopoint. A few people on here use it for their Frenchies with success. Sorry to hear your guy is so uncomfortable :-(

YES!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk