my frenchie puppy first encounter with hives please help !!! 😭🙏🏻

toffeecrml

Reaction score
hi im a new member and a first time fur mom ❤️ i always end up on this site everytime i have questions and searches on google regarding with my frenchie puppy. and so i registered a while ago bcoz I’m so worried about toffee (my baby frenchie) he has this bumps on skin and i can tell its like Hives? coz the images on google searches matches it. the first time i’d seen it was august 16 and i can’t identify what causes it but im pretty sure that its like an allergic reaction from food. but i dont know what specifically coz im not with him the whole day that day ☹️
and i’ve also read that most of the time benadryl is the solution. i’ve been giving him a 25mg benadryl since yesterday but i dont see any improvement 😔 we cant get him to the vet yet because were still on a quarantine lockdown due to this pandemic.
I also bathed him with madre de cacao with oatmeal shampoo, tried it since the bumps began visible for i’ve read that its good and can also make it gone.
anyone here experienced the same? please tell me, i need advice 😩 what i’m gonna do? 😓

Attachments

• 6FC3E3C6-4B93-48DE-95C0-6CED252735EE.jpeg
    6FC3E3C6-4B93-48DE-95C0-6CED252735EE.jpeg
    995.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 0644F36C-128C-41F9-8336-A5D88D042889.jpeg
    0644F36C-128C-41F9-8336-A5D88D042889.jpeg
    807.8 KB · Views: 122

toffeecrml

Reaction score
�� hello guys i hope someone can see this thread of mine. thank you in advance for answers

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely looks likes hives. What are you currently feeding? It could also be an allergic reaction to something in the house or something outside. Last year bulldog kept getting hives for over a week and I never did figure out the cause but they never seemed to bother him and then they just stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffeecrml

Reaction score
it’s getting worse 😞

Attachments

• 532DAE7E-4D64-4011-AAD9-26900F121317.jpeg
    532DAE7E-4D64-4011-AAD9-26900F121317.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 126

toffeecrml

Reaction score
i suspected maybe its the raw meat? i always mix it with dog food ever since and that became his regular diet, but i notice today that bumps grew even more and spread more than before so maybe it was the raw meat that i gave last night and so i didn’t give him anything today aside from the dog food so i can figure out that it might be the one that’s causing the hives

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the protein that you are giving? If it gets worse or you notice change in breathing then I would do a vet visit so they can give you something.

toffeecrml

Reaction score
hello! i already took him to the vet because it seems like benadryl is not that effective for him. He is now prescribed with prednisone, but they said steroids are harsh for puppies so they gave him liver supplement too.
i can see some improvements now even he just only took two 1/4 prednisone for the whole day Im so relieved.
thank you for answering my worries really appreciate it ☺️��

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
hello! i already took him to the vet because it seems like benadryl is not that effective for him. He is now prescribed with prednisone, but they said steroids are harsh for puppies so they gave him liver supplement too.
i can see some improvements now even he just only took two 1/4 prednisone for the whole day Im so relieved.
thank you for answering my worries really appreciate it ☺️��

You will not want to keep him on Prednisone long term so the best thing would be to figure out the cause. What protein are feeding and what treats/snacks? Any new household products you are using like laundry detergent?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
thank you for answering my worries really appreciate it ☺️😊

i agree with Citty... pred is good short term, but not for long periods.

what protein are you feeding? What brand kibble? Could he have been bit or stung?

KayDoyle

Reaction score
Hi, I have exactly the same thing with my French Bulldog (8 months) Red, irritated bumps on chest and under arm. He's been on 3 weeks of medication which is now over and the itching has started again. Any advise would be very helpful.

We tried to switch out his food which made no difference, thinking it may be environmental.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I have exactly the same thing with my French Bulldog (8 months) Red, irritated bumps on chest and under arm. He's been on 3 weeks of medication which is now over and the itching has started again. Any advise would be very helpful.

We tried to switch out his food which made no difference, thinking it may be environmental.

If environmental... ask about Cytopoint. It works wonderfully for my bulldog

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Good thing you were able to take him tocthe vet. My frenchie broke out like that from a wasp sting. It could have been a bug bite. From my experience, food related issues look different, smaller bumps followed by so.e hair loss.

Denise Stamm

Reaction score
I give my girls fruit and veggies. They both broke out in hives from strawberries. When you try something new, make no other changes for a week. This way you positively know what the culprit is at least as far a feeding is concerned.

🆕 Latest posts