Dental Chews?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
No experience with dental chews. Although I have heard bad things about those Greenies products. I usually give frozen raw marrow bones which is a more “natural” type of dental chew. It’s good for the teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repose

Reaction score
I wouldn’t recommend softer dental chews if your dog is a gulper or prone to swallowing before chewing like my frenchie.

A bag of similar chews (the Greenies Cbrugs mentioned) were a part of my 2nd pups puppy package when I got her. I gave her one as well as my boy, who promptly swallowed it whole and it came back up a few hours later if you get my drift. So the bag went in the garbage and I eventually started feeding raw frozen bones twice a week.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree... no soft dental chews. I also only give raw marrow bones... have for 16 yrs with four dogs- never an issue and great clean teeth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gka

Reaction score
Yuki didn't swallow it whole..thank goodness. Not sure which ingredient in them but Yuki tried one Greenies dental chew and it gave him diarrhea.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
No experience with them, but we do nor use dental chews. I agree with the others, they can be a problem if they swallow a too large of a piece. We just use Nylabones, but the raw marrow bones are an excellent choice as well.

Oskars Keeper

Reaction score
We bought a bag of similar dental chews, and Oskar chewed and gulped it down super fast. While they seem hard, they aren’t and with bulldog jaws these pup tear through them. Thankfully he didn’t puke it up, but the next day his poop was disgusting. I’m sure it has to do with the glycerin - which is what soap is made out of.

daniellepaul

Reaction score
In the summer we try to give a raw meaty rib bone once or twice a week in the backyard. Otherwise the rest of the year we give some kind of antler, lamb horn or water buffalo horn for dental health.