Does your Frenchie sleep in bed or a crate?

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Cheli is an alarm clock everyday at 4:30-5:00... i have to force him to lay down and go back to sleep.... he has slept with us from day one ... never sleeps past 6AM.

Donโ€™t break what works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eek! 4:30?!
I've wanted to ask for a few weeks now, is Chelie named after Jason Statham's character in Crank by any chance? Regardless, coolest name ever.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Eek! 4:30?!
I've wanted to ask for a few weeks now, is Chelie named after Jason Statham's character in Crank by any chance? Regardless, coolest name ever.

Lol! He is named after a hockey player.... Chris Chelios

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score
Oh, no, not evil at all! I totally appreciate all the suggestions and different options that I could try in order to get her to sleep a bit longer. Like I mentioned, I just deal with it now because I'm afraid if I would ignore her once she's up, she'd wake my daughter and then I'd be super pissed. At least I can go downstairs with Daph and just get on the couch and relax for another hour or so.

I work in a public school and for the public library system, so I'm out for the summer for one of my jobs. If I'm gonna try one of these suggestions, now's the time!!! Ha. Thanks again!

I talk tough, sometimes, but my heart was melting this morning when Gus hopped up onto my bed while I was getting ready. :ashamed:

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
I'm on the 'no dogs in bed' side for sure. I'm a very light sleeper and have sleeping problems so I have never had my dogs sleep with us all night. They were crated and after a year old I removed the crate and got them a nice bed to sleep in the corner of the bedroom. On the weekends we'll all get up for potty and then I'll put them in bed for an hour or so of snuggle time. That's the only time they're allowed on the bed.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
UPDATE:
Hubs gets his way on this one...although smallish "win" for me as well as we compromised and Daphne comes up on the bed before lights out for a little tv/reading/snuggle time and then goes into her crate.

Meanwhile, my Boxer is still the sideways bed hog. But now he has started to get up in the middle of the night to do his circles only to ultimately lay right back down in the exact same ding dang spot.

Ugh.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Hubs gets his way on this one...although smallish "win" for me as well as we compromised and Daphne comes up on the bed before lights out for a little tv/reading/snuggle time and then goes into her crate.

Meanwhile, my Boxer is still the sideways bed hog. But now he has started to get up in the middle of the night to do his circles only to ultimately lay right back down in the exact same ding dang spot.

Ugh.

OMG...Louie does the same exact thing. Gets up, circles around and then just lays back down. Usually wakes me up every time. Although last night after the circling he managed to squeeze in between my legs.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I haven't slept with a dog since the late 1990s. Snoring and hogging the bed were the main reasons, but we had a cat who liked to cruise around at night and the dogs would hear her her come in through the pet door and want to make sure it was her and not a "bad one"! I value my sleep too much!

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score
I brought Gus in the bed again last night and he was much better about mostly staying down at the foot of the bed, but woke up at 4 AM retching. I quickly put him on the floor where he proceeded to cough up some little bits of what looked like a chewed up stick. SMH :rolleyes:

jruizw

Reaction score
Mine sleeps in bed with us, and I like it, but it was a problem when she started her heat.... Then we couldn't get her to sleep anywhere else, I like her being in bed with us, but I would prefer for her to sleep on her own bed next to us, I just don't have the heart to force her now.

My suggestion is, if your dog is well off on her crate, leave her there.

Sent from my HUAWEI MLA-L03 using Tapatalk

lisamarie118

Reaction score
For the first week after getting a frenchie puppy I always say Iโ€™m going to crate train until potty broken & it never works. I always wind up feeling bad as the puppy cries and sees his other brothers on the bed with me & always give in.
All my frenchies have slept in bed with me since I got my first one in 2008. About a year ago I got a king size bed because itโ€™s impossible sleeping with all 3 of them comfortably in a queen ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผ*โ™€๏ธ
They are such snuggle bugs! They like to sleep with their heads on my pillows and Gizzy Goo is obsessed with sleeping under the covers and has been since he was a baby.
Just a few recent pics of them in bed :)

Attachments

• D1F47132-C1EF-4BC2-9A36-A5CEE0E7B465.jpeg
    D1F47132-C1EF-4BC2-9A36-A5CEE0E7B465.jpeg
    840.8 KB · Views: 241
  • ED8D2DD2-9085-475E-B844-C6EF9ABB8492.jpeg
    ED8D2DD2-9085-475E-B844-C6EF9ABB8492.jpeg
    533.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 5558AB34-5583-4DE3-9964-D1A4F9C6800B.jpeg
    5558AB34-5583-4DE3-9964-D1A4F9C6800B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 220

Genebean

Reaction score
Hi, we have Buddy, our seven month old Royal Frenchnel. We were told by the breeder that he was crate trained, NOT, but we started right at the start with him sleeping at night in his crate. He goes in around 9:00 p.m. after last outing. He may whine a bit at first, rarely, but once he is asleep he stays there all night. We open up the crate at around 7:00 a.m. and he often will not come out for at least ten minutes, just laying there looking at us as if we have really disturbed his wonderful sleep. He also will go into his crate if he has gotten something he shouldn't and we have instructed the grandchildren that if Buddy is in his crate you cannot bother him.

OK, so all that said, at night, when we get a bit tired or just want to relax we will lay on the bed and watch some tv. Buddy jumps on the bed, will play for awhile and then fall asleep. He loves to snuggle and crawl under something, like pillows, your arm or just lay right on top of us to sleep. He is all about being with us.

Hope this helps.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Hi, we have Buddy, our seven month old Royal Frenchnel. We were told by the breeder that he was crate trained, NOT, but we started right at the start with him sleeping at night in his crate. He goes in around 9:00 p.m. after last outing. He may whine a bit at first, rarely, but once he is asleep he stays there all night. We open up the crate at around 7:00 a.m. and he often will not come out for at least ten minutes, just laying there looking at us as if we have really disturbed his wonderful sleep. He also will go into his crate if he has gotten something he shouldn't and we have instructed the grandchildren that if Buddy is in his crate you cannot bother him.

OK, so all that said, at night, when we get a bit tired or just want to relax we will lay on the bed and watch some tv. Buddy jumps on the bed, will play for awhile and then fall asleep. He loves to snuggle and crawl under something, like pillows, your arm or just lay right on top of us to sleep. He is all about being with us.

Hope this helps.

Hi Gene,
Thanks for sharing your nightly routine. Your pup can hold it from 9 pm - 7 am? That's great! There's no excuse for my girl getting me up at 5 am to go outside, then ;-) Haha.
We have decided to leave her in the crate at night because it is working well and she likes the routine. But we have started cuddling with her up on the bed when we watch tv or read.
Mine likes being near us for the most part, but she also enjoys going off and doing her own thing too, which is great!

๐Ÿ†• Latest posts