I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! ~Dozer~French Bulldog Available for Adoption in Illinois

MamaAndi

Reaction score
dozer.jpg

MUST HAVE A SECURED FENCE YARD- NOT GOOD IN AN APT ENVIRONMENT- WOULD LOVE A FEMALE FRENCHIE WHO LOVES TO PLAY AS AN IDEAL FOREVER SISTER, NO MALE DOGS IN HOME, CHILDREN OVER 8 YEARS OLD- OK WITH DOG SAVVY CATS. WOULD NOT DO WELL AS AN ONLY DOG.
Dozer-French Bulldog
3 years old Black and White (pied)- Neutered Needs a fenced yard
Good with children over 8. Good with most dogs, especially females
Ok with dog friendly cats. Walks well on leash Loves meeting new people

Hello Frenchie fans, My name is Dozer and this is how I roll.......I am a 29 lb French Bulldog with an exuberance for life. I love people, kids, food and squeaky toys! I was living with a lady and her four kid. They never had me neutered and left me outside in their fenced yard alot. I had hormone induced wanderlust and even have scars on my head from the fence snagging me when I was making my escapes
I ended up with the Chicago French Bulldog Rescue after I was found wandering the streets of Crown Point, Indiana. My owner did come forward, so I had to be returned (CFBR volunteers were upset because they knew I was not being properly taken care of.) A couple of months later I was being sold on Craigs List. Luckily someone from the rescue saw the and stepped in to bring me into the rescue.
I have comfy beds, amazing food, French Bulldog Bulldog buddies to play and snuggle with, glorious squeaky toys and a foster dad lap for pets and TV time.
Medical: I am a very healthy boy for a French Bulldog now. I received little if any veterinary care at my previous home. I had very bad bottom teeth and had to have 15-yes you heard me right-15 teeth pulled. Whoever adopts me will have to be diligent about checking my lower teeth and brushing them frequently. You see my bottom lip rolls over my bottom teeth and tends to trap gunk and bacteria.
I have been neutered, am up to date on my rabies, distemper/parvo and bordatella shots. I am heartworm negative and have been getting my flea preventative and heartworm medication monthly. I even had my nares (nostrils) enlarged to make it a bit easier to breath through my nose.
I don’t appear to have any allergies, you just have to keep an eye on my mighty fine ears to make sure they don’t get infected.
Diet: I eat about 2/3 cup of Fromm Lentils and Lamb formula 2X per day with either wet dog food or ground chicken mixed in. I like to eat very fast. My greatest challenge is to avoid sucking my head inside out while I am inhaling my food. My foster mom puts one of those stainless steel balls in my dish sometimes to make me eat slower (as if).
Housebreaking: I am pretty solid in this department, but have been getting let out every few hours. I will likely try to lift my leg and mark the first few days in my new home. This seems to happen with most of the male rescues that were used for breeding. You will have to keep an eye on me and take me out alot to get me used to your routine.
Leash walking and car rides: I walk very well on a leash and love walks. I may try to lunge at certain dogs on leash, but am responsive to correction. I get a little nervous in the car. I just need to be latched into a seatbelt harness and given some pets and reassurance.
THE KIND OF FAMILY AND HOME ENVIRONMENT I NEED: I need a FENCED yard to ensure my safety. I escaped several times from the fenced yard of the people I used to live with because I was unneutered and was left outside by myself for long periods of time. I have not tried to get out of my foster mom’s yard because I like it here and she keeps an eye on me.
I need to have a canine companion to ease my separation anxiety. I may bark a bit when my family leaves so apartment life would NOT be ideal for me. I get along with most other dogs when proper introductions are done, though I do not like pushy males. I love to snuggle up with my foster sister at night and when we nap. I am fine with dog friendly cats! I love children and would be great with respectful kiddos over 8 years old.
Most importantly- I love people so much, i just want to be with them and give them kisses. My favorite thing to do is sit in my foster dad’s lap and watch TV with him while he gives me pets. I need a forever lap, a family of my own that will love and cherish me as much as I love them!

View attachment 4818

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> frenchieporvous.org

To view more available Frenchies from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago French Bulldog Rescue

Thank you for considering adoption for your next family fur-mate!

Please let them know you found them on French Bulldog News! :)

🆕 Latest posts