Elevated ALt

eag35

Reaction score
Our frenchie is one month short of his 3rd birthday. About two months ago we noticed he wasn’t eating as well as usual and had a couple of vomiting incidents. I took him to our vet who ran blood work and found ALT levels “slightly elevated” at 151 and suggested a recheck in six weeks. We just had that completed and the ALT has risen to 168. Our vet began him on Denamarin a week ago. We also scheduled an ultra sound for January 10 ( a two week wait, the earliest they could get him in). Anyone else experience high ALT levels and have any advice or experience to share? If Denamarin is working as hoped, any idea on how long until we maybe an improvement in his personality returns to normal?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not have any eperience, but supporting his lier with Milk Thistle might help. Do some research on it and see if it is an option

Elizabeth L'Clair

Reaction score
Our frenchie is one month short of his 3rd birthday. About two months ago we noticed he wasn’t eating as well as usual and had a couple of vomiting incidents. I took him to our vet who ran blood work and found ALT levels “slightly elevated” at 151 and suggested a recheck in six weeks. We just had that completed and the ALT has risen to 168. Our vet began him on Denamarin a week ago. We also scheduled an ultra sound for January 10 ( a two week wait, the earliest they could get him in). Anyone else experience high ALT levels and have any advice or experience to share? If Denamarin is working as hoped, any idea on how long until we maybe an improvement in his personality returns to normal?
Hi there: I had one around the same age that had high ALT levels, I fed him a wonderful diet and never had any issues after my diagnosis. If you want to talk further let me know.

🆕 Latest posts