First dogs ever and the best decision ever

cmconrardy

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is a very delayed post, but I have never had a dog (even while growing up) nor have I had or had a family member with a French bulldog before. Thus, I was new all around!

I actually encountered the first of the first in a puppy store (loathe these places) he was very lethargic. You could smell the infection in BOTH of his ears without even coming up to his little cage, he was being jumped on top of by a much bigger puppy and he was sneezing and shivering.
I had recently lost a rabbit I had, which I adopted when I lost my little brother tragically in a car accident.
The rabbit was litter-box trained and had the run of the house. He was 7, having horrific seizures and suffering from brain cancer. I was at the mall, the following month, with my mom and sister. It was nearly Christmas.
I saw this little angel, so sleepy and being beaten up and forgotten, and my heart just left my chest.
We took him into a room- I saw the extent of his infections- and his little eyes- so sad- so tired- and he kissed me. The end. I did call the humane society and any other organization I could find on these people. Also, I brought this baby home. Iโ€™d have given my leg. It took 6 months to get him better- from parasites, infections, skin issues, anxiety and worms. But we did it.
We loved him that first few months so much that I sought out a true adoption in order to save another little frenchie that was in need. I filled out so many applications with various rescuers until I found one close to us. We had a new home and a fence in yard, good jobs, my parents would help when we worked... then I got a call. An hour after my application, for a little brindle female, from Texas. She was stinky, tiny, spunky and cute as all heck.
They are our entire world. Iโ€™d change nothing in bringing them home besides wishing that they had better introductions to the world. We love them SO much.

Mechadogzilla

Reaction score
Hello, I am sorry for the loss of your rabbit - losing a pet can be very hard. I am glad that you have found some new family members to bring you joy. If you get a chance, post some pictures, and welcome to the forums.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FBN!!! I love you!!

Please post pictures of your babies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mavis

Reaction score
:cry:

LOVE this story! God bless you for helping these angels. I agree with you and think frenchies are completely special. How can anyone resist those faces? Please post pictures!

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
Welcome!! Thank you for giving those pups a new great life and for taking on such a sick pup. Please post pics of your little Frenchies!