First time Frenchi, hello from Vermont

VTFrenchi

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. We will be picking up our little Milo at the airport tomorrow. He was born on August 31 and is making the trip from the breeder in Missouri. We opted to have a nanny service keep him company and deliver him to us. We are super excited and a little stressed, lol. Our last dog was a Dalmatian and he passed away in 2009 just a few months from his 15th birthday. We have talked about getting another dog for several years but decided now was as good a time as any. I am sure I will be by to ask for advice and to give updates. A friend of ours has 3 Frenchis and is happy to provide us with help as well so that is nice. Wish us luck!

Attachments

• 482D2A04-5592-4DAA-A66F-8C2B504E0189.jpeg
    482D2A04-5592-4DAA-A66F-8C2B504E0189.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 114

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FBN!! Beautiful baby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VTFrenchi

Reaction score
Thank you, we are anxious to meet him. It is going to be a busy weekend!

Jeffc

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new puppy. Letโ€™s see some more pictures after you guys get settled in this weekend.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome...what a beautiful boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VTFrenchi

Reaction score
He is doing great so far! He has had 3 accidents (2 pee and 1 number 2) in the house since we brought him home, once he peed in the crate when we left for about an hour (first time being in it) and the other two we didn't take him out quick enough after he ate and drank.. Which leads me to my only real issue so far, he only eats about 6 or so pieces of kibble at a time before going on to play. I wanted to try to get him on a 3 times a day feeding but he never eats enough at a time to make that possible. I end up bringing him back continuously and making a big deal out of him eating a few more, lol. Every other dog I've seen or had in the past would woof it all down then move on. It makes it tough to time his poops because he randomly goes back to eat a few pieces off and on. Should I just give up on the scheduled feedings and just let him free feed? Someone is there 98% of the time so we just take him out every hour or two unless he eats or drinks a decent amount. He also loves the snow which has made the potty training thing a little easier than I was expecting after the first night he experienced the colder weather and he would just sit down and shiver.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on your pup. To get him a a regular schedule, try feeding him and leaving it down for 20 minutes, then pick it up. Put him in a crate and see if that helps, so he can't wonder off. Then feed him the next scheduled time. After a while he will figure out that he gets his food only at theses times.

VTFrenchi

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone! He did much better with his eating yesterday, I think he is finally settled in since he has become a one man wrecking crew now! He is eating almost all the food we put out for him now within 10 minutes, he doesn't like his food in a dish for some reason and prefers to eat it off the floor. I have a different dish coming for him so hopefully he likes that one. We take his water away around 5:30pm in an effort to limit his need to pee in the night. He has slept with me for the first 3 nights in my son's room and last night with my wife, not sure how that went since I am at work, lol. We went to bed around 10pm each night and he woke up to go outside once besides the first night where he didn't go at all. He goes pee and then we hop back into bed and after about a minute of continuous kisses he falls back asleep. I haven't slept for crap though as he is a squirmer when he sleeps and if he happens to wake up he likes to give a couple kisses before going back asleep. He hasn't woken up so far in the morning until I have. I have started working on crating him, that is going to take some time I believe as the couple times I have put him in it and shut the door he cries (after licking the peanut butter off his kong toy).