Frenchie Puppy 2nd Jab Side Effects

David & Sherlock

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have a Frenchie puppy (Sherlock), he is 3 months old now and just had his 2nd jab on Friday (4 days ago).

Last night I noticed a lump underneath his skin on the back of his neck, after a minor panic I did some research and saw that it could be a side effect of having the 2nd jab.

Unfortunately today Sherlock is peeing a hell of a lot, like every 10 mins and it’s clear. Most of the time he isn’t even squating and just stands there.

He doesn’t seem to be in pain although he is a lot more ‘bitey’ today when you play with him.

Obviously the internet lists about a million things it could be…

Anyone had this after the 2nd jab otherwise I might have to take him to the vets.

Any help or advise would be hugely welcomed

(I’ve attached a picture of my little handsome boy)

David

Attachments

• 7b7b57ce-9940-46a9-a251-3f166c7a8abf.jpeg
    7b7b57ce-9940-46a9-a251-3f166c7a8abf.jpeg
    919.9 KB · Views: 4

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have a Frenchie puppy (Sherlock), he is 3 months old now and just had his 2nd jab on Friday (4 days ago).

Last night I noticed a lump underneath his skin on the back of his neck, after a minor panic I did some research and saw that it could be a side effect of having the 2nd jab.

Unfortunately today Sherlock is peeing a hell of a lot, like every 10 mins and it’s clear. Most of the time he isn’t even squating and just stands there.

He doesn’t seem to be in pain although he is a lot more ‘bitey’ today when you play with him.

Obviously the internet lists about a million things it could be…

Anyone had this after the 2nd jab otherwise I might have to take him to the vets.

Any help or advise would be hugely welcomed

(I’ve attached a picture of my little handsome boy)

David

Welcome!

Your puppy is cute!

That’s very likely a Reaction to the vaccine, as where you describe is where most vets put the injection in.

Rusty had a severe reaction to all the puppy vaccines, and he ended up at the vet DAILY for 2 weeks and they didnt connect the dots of the vaccine reaction until after but they gave him Benadryl which made him 10X worse! I do not recommend letting the vet give Benadryl to him for that reason.
That led to a vet dermatologist and a skin biopsy for a huge lump and fur loss at the injection site and many health issues and allergies he still has 4 years later.

Most vets won’t admit these vaccines can cause these health issues and bad reactions, but it sure sounds like he reacted bad to the vaccine.
That’s a common reaction.

The unusual peeing may be a side effect possibly too of the vaccine.

If it doesn’t go away within 2 days I would get a urine sample from your pup and take it to vet to check for UTI or Crystals in urine.

What food do you feed?

Some dogs food can cause urine crystals(Rusty had that when a pup too from the food).

Puppys also pee a lot too, so keep that in mind.

If you decide to get the rest of the puppy shots for him, I recommend Adored Beast Rebalancer(was also called anti vaccinosis) it’s a spray you give orally to reduce the vaccine side effects.

David & Sherlock

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

Yeah the lump I could deal with as it was a fairly common answer when I looked it up but the peeing is unusual. I ended up speaking to the vets and they said the peeing part is strange and due to his age want to check him over, so I’m booked in for 9:30am tomorrow.

In terms of food has has been on a 80/20 raw/kibble diet although the last couple of days we have been intermittently giving him wet food as he was acting like he was bored of the raw stuff and would rarely finish it. The wet food he devours like a kid in a chocolate factory!

He’s not drinking water any more than usual and yeah he does usually pee ALOT but not every ten mins and not just whilst randomly standing up (like he has no control).

I’ll see what they say tomorrow and update you.

He seems happy enough, just conscious of it is a UTI or something I’d rather not leave it.

Thanks

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

Yeah the lump I could deal with as it was a fairly common answer when I looked it up but the peeing is unusual. I ended up speaking to the vets and they said the peeing part is strange and due to his age want to check him over, so I’m booked in for 9:30am tomorrow.

In terms of food has has been on a 80/20 raw/kibble diet although the last couple of days we have been intermittently giving him wet food as he was acting like he was bored of the raw stuff and would rarely finish it. The wet food he devours like a kid in a chocolate factory!

He’s not drinking water any more than usual and yeah he does usually pee ALOT but not every ten mins and not just whilst randomly standing up (like he has no control).

I’ll see what they say tomorrow and update you.

He seems happy enough, just conscious of it is a UTI or something I’d rather not leave it.

Thanks

That’s good you will get him checked, hopefully they will just do a Urine check, and check for UTI or crystals in urine.

What kibble and canned do you give him?

Raw diet is best if you can especially to prevent and treat health issues, do you rotate proteins??
If he is only eating the same protein daily, that would be why he is getting bored of it.

Rotating proteins also prevents food allergies and picky eater.

How long have you had the puppy for?

Keep me updated on how the vet visit goes!

🆕 Latest posts