Frenchie travel sedative help

Deceptiv23

Reaction score
Hi guys looking for some feedback

My almost five year old frenchie has to relocate with me cross country. Florida to Denver to be exact. He gets super excited on car trips and doesn’t do well long term . I’m taking him in the cabin with me but have concerns over his well being and behavior bt I also have no choice

I was looking at sedatives- vet initially prescribed me acepromzine, which after some research I opted against because it appears to have caused issue with flat missed dogs. They told me it was on the super low side of the dosage but still so they switched me to Valium which they said wasn’t going to be as effective.

I fly Monday so I was going to give him a test dose Sunday but any ideas or help had anyone tone through this? My other frenchie has no issues traveling. I was also looking at Benadryl as a r placement or supplement to th Valium

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Trazadone is a sedative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
You could also try Adaptil pheromone spray or collar to relieve anxiety. No personal experience with it so I'm not sure how effective it is.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys looking for some feedback

My almost five year old frenchie has to relocate with me cross country. Florida to Denver to be exact. He gets super excited on car trips and doesn’t do well long term . I’m taking him in the cabin with me but have concerns over his well being and behavior bt I also have no choice

I was looking at sedatives- vet initially prescribed me acepromzine, which after some research I opted against because it appears to have caused issue with flat missed dogs. They told me it was on the super low side of the dosage but still so they switched me to Valium which they said wasn’t going to be as effective.

I fly Monday so I was going to give him a test dose Sunday but any ideas or help had anyone tone through this? My other frenchie has no issues traveling. I was also looking at Benadryl as a r placement or supplement to th Valium

Benedryl may work... hope it all goes well today. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattcantwin

Reaction score
We used Benadryl in the past to calm one of our dogs every July 4th; it worked well.

Good luck on the trip.