Having some type of skin problem

d00ditsjake

Reaction score
Hi all haven’t posted in here in a very long time but was wondering if this has happened to any of your Frenchie. So I noticed Bo had a few scab like bumps by his tail and butt. And some of these scabs the hair has fallen out. And I noticed he has one of these on his side too. They don’t itch or bother him at all. I took him to the vet and they said it could be an infection. But not sure from what. I have had him on a flea medication and he is an inside dog so he isn’t outside only when I take him on walks and bathroom breaks.

Here’s a picture of what it looks like.
9F9B6439-0D85-4AB4-9586-9786C443D310.jpeg

They gave me a shampoo to use on him twice a week where the bumps are. Just wanted to see if any of you had this happen with your pups.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe a staph infection? Did the vet do a scraping to test it?

Repose

Reaction score
Had this issue with my pups when they were about 5 months. Did two rounds of antibiotics supplemented with Viaderm KC cream that didn’t work and finally the vet prescribed a single Bravecto pill that cleared it up for good on both dogs.

I was spot treating the scabs with witch hazel- putting a bit on a cotton pad and rubbing in circles until the fur and scabs came off- and the dogs loved it, seemed to provide relief and after a couple days the hair would fill in and I couldn’t find the spot anymore...but the spots did recur until the Bravecto fixed everything. It was like whack-a-mole, fix one only for another to appear.

If the shampoo the vet gave you has chlorhexidine, that should do a good job of clearing up the spots.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree with Citty... possibility staph infection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d00ditsjake

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, the shampoo does have chlorhexidine in it.

And they did not do any scraping, just told me to use the shampoo twice a week for two weeks then once a week as needed. And of course they said if it doesn’t clear up at all then bring him back in. So yesterday was the second wash with the shampoo. Just gonna keep my eyes on it and hope it clears up soon.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, the shampoo does have chlorhexidine in it.

And they did not do any scraping, just told me to use the shampoo twice a week for two weeks then once a week as needed. And of course they said if it doesn’t clear up at all then bring him back in. So yesterday was the second wash with the shampoo. Just gonna keep my eyes on it and hope it clears up soon.

I’d think about a second option... seems more of an issue that shampoo clearing it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk