Hello šŸ‘‹šŸ» new here and new to Frenchieā€™s

Reaction score
Hello , I am new here and just adopted at 6 month old Frenchie. He has was I think are tear stains. Wondering how to deal with it

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! It could be a variety of reasonsā€¦teething, drinking tap water, eyelashes rubbing eye, something in the food heā€™s eating.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to remove it or make it not so dark ?
It would depend on the cause. If itā€™s teething, you just have to wait it out. If youā€™re not giving filtered water, start giving filtered water (this stopped Jaxā€™s tear stains when he was younger). You can have your vet, experienced with brachy breeds, check his eyelashes. What food are you currently feeding? You can try adding in a probiotic if you arenā€™t already.

For now, try to keep the area as dry as possible. You can wipe those folds with a cotton pad/witch Hazel as witch Hazel is a natural drying agent but donā€™t get it in his eyes.

Reaction score
It would depend on the cause. If itā€™s teething, you just have to wait it out. If youā€™re not giving filtered water, start giving filtered water (this stopped Jaxā€™s tear stains when he was younger). You can have your vet, experienced with brachy breeds, check his eyelashes. What food are you currently feeding? You can try adding in a probiotic if you arenā€™t already.

For now, try to keep the area as dry as possible. You can wipe those folds with a cotton pad/witch Hazel as witch Hazel is a natural drying agent but donā€™t get it in his eyes.
Thank you ! The breeder had him on N&D ? I just picked up this stuff as I heard it was good for them

Attachments

• IMG_3131.jpeg
    IMG_3131.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Hello , I am new here and just adopted at 6 month old Frenchie. He has was I think are tear stains. Wondering how to deal with it
This is my Bru and our other dog Ollie (Pomsky)

Attachments

• IMG_3188.jpeg
    IMG_3188.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3141.jpeg
    IMG_3141.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0628.jpeg
    IMG_0628.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0626.jpeg
    IMG_0626.jpeg