Help me to stop this chewing!

MontysMom

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m new to here but have been having a bit of a problem with my little man.
He chews. He usually isn’t too impulsive, and he will mostly stick to what is his to chew. He will however, chew anything that my daughter happens to leave on the floor the odd time, it happens.
My main issue that I’m looking for some advice on is how to get him to stop chewing furniture.
He doesn’t chew any other furniture in our entire house EXCEPT for the bottom corner of my daughters new dresser I just bought her 😑. I know some might suggest that I just block her room off from him, but he’s slept in her room with her since he was a pup and neither of them will sleep without the other there. We close out daughters bedroom door at night and would prefer to leave it that way so that she doesn’t get up and wander off if she happens to wake and we don’t hear her. Our Monty is given toys and chew ales while he is in there with her, and most of the time he just sleeps the whole night anyhow, but he still manages to chew on that one corner. It’s really starting to destroy it, and seeing as I just bought it I’m not very keen on the idea of letting this go for too long. I just am out of ideas on how to deter him.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thank you

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Try bitter apple spray or Tabasco sauce.. a little on the corner being chewed... hopefully will deter him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk