My Little Baby

Kashley

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Kendra and my little Frenchie name is Echo. I joined this site because I would love to interact with other Frenchie owners and get advise in raising my baby. Although I do have concerns, when I got her I was promised that the breeder would send me papers on her to verify that she was full blooded (papers do not play a role in how I feel about her) but in recent attempts to get ahold of her and get those papers she has not responded. She also was infested with roundworm, hookworm, and also tapeworms. She was not healthy as a pup should be when being brought home from a breeder. Which this makes me think if the breeder wasn't fully honest with her health then what else has she not been up front with? So here are the reasons I have doubts in her being full blooded.

From what I have read about French Bulldogs (wanted to be informed as much as I could) they are born barley without a tail, Echo has a long tail that curves a little (they did not dock her tail). Her Ears are long and are not standing up fully but you can tell that they try a little. I have tried to help them by taping but it did not help. She is not short and stocky but has the face of a French Bulldog. I did see pictures of the parents and they were French Bulldogs and Echo has the same color as her parents. But I am at loss why there is so much difference. Also, I paid 550 for her and I thought I just got lucky because I couldn't find any in my price range that I could afford at this time. So I am a little worried that she isn't full blooded but I could just be over thinking, maybe? I will love her no matter what she is, full blooded or not. She has stolen my heart and I was able to take her from a place she apparently wasn't being took care of then it is all worth it to me. I will upload a picture of her and hopefully you all can give me some advise on what you think. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_4261.jpg
    IMG_4261.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4177.jpg
    IMG_4177.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_4158.jpg
    IMG_4158.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_4296.jpg
    IMG_4296.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 173

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to you and Echo!

Well, Frenchies that come from reputable breeders do not go for $550. And the fact that she was infested with worms is also a bad sign. She looks like she may be mixed with something. Frenchies do not have long tails.

She is cute regardless and you say you love her and that's all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
:welcome3: to FBN

She is adorable! Definitely not full Frenchie... nose is long, tail curled, full of worms and 550$ all signs, but she is freakin precious and you love her so it is a win for you both.

Hope she is doing better and giving lots of fun and joy to you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
As others have said, she is not full blood, but is a cutie pie all the same. I despise unethical breeders like that, and wish we could run them out of town. Like others have said, no reputable breeder would ever sell their pups for that amount of money. That being said, I am glad she has a good home and hope she is a healthy pup.

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
She is a cutie!! Don't fuss too much about her not being 100% Frenchie. You love her and that's all that matters.

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
My guess would be she is mixed with another breed. She is still cute and you love her all the same so enjoy her.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
:smileywelcome: to you! Echo is adorable!!! My Buster is half English Bulldog, half French Bulldog. We had paid $3,000 for him and after we found out he was a mix we settled on a price of $800 so we got a big refund! Buster is an excellent dog and I wouldn't trade him for $1,000,000!