New to the forum

covkeep73

Reaction score
I am from Mississippi and I am a new owner of a male Frenchie. I am interested in learning more about the breed. Things to look for etc

Jeffc

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Frenchies are terrific. The biggest thing youโ€™re going to notice while owning one is your wallet constantly getting thinner IMO lol. They are wonderful, but can be expensive to maintain as well.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FBN!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FroxerMom

Reaction score
Welcome! Yes, a well bred French Bulldog is expensive to acquire and even more expensive to maintain, IMO. I do not know a single person who doesn't have some sort of issue with their Frenchie (this can be said for many purebred dogs, though). My personal experience is with allergies. Her food is expensive, and her monthly injection is expensive, This is in addition to routine vet care and heartworm, flea and tick prevention every month, etc.

Things of particular interest to French Bulldog owners MAY be nares and palate surgery (if warranted) and IVDD. Ear infections and interdigital cysts can occur (mine get both if she has chicken). You may want to read up on this. Not trying to scare you or anyone else who may read this thread, because they can certainly be cuddly, fun, loving, entertaining dogs.