Off food

L05tB0y

Reaction score
Hi all, my frenchie is 5.5 month and I've had her a week past Saturday. I'm feeding her on Bakers dry puppy food which she's been wolfing down until the last two days. She's still eating it but bits at a time, she seems healthy and their doesn't seen anything wrong with her. She doesn't get a lot of treats either so can't be that.
Any ideas what could be wrong.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi all, my frenchie is 5.5 month and I've had her a week past Saturday. I'm feeding her on Bakers dry puppy food which she's been wolfing down until the last two days. She's still eating it but bits at a time, she seems healthy and their doesn't seen anything wrong with her. She doesn't get a lot of treats either so can't be that.
Any ideas what could be wrong.

It sounds like she could be tired of her food. Frenchies are very picky, they get tired of foods even if it’s their favourite one day, variety is key! Any food allergies??

I ask because if you start giving variety now that will prevent her to be picky about her food and prevent new food allergies!

I would try some canned food , raw diet or gently cooked and give Variety that way(raw diet is best but if that’s not an option lightly cooked high moisture food is best).
If feeding canned and kibble together, give variety, rotate proteins and rotate brands too!

Keep us updated!
I’m happy to help!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
How much are you feeding and how many times a day?

JohnOscar345

Reaction score
Hello! It's my first time posting. I appreciate the opportunity to be here! I have a six month old boy. Since we brought him home from the breeder, his eyes have been watering. It's not tear stains and it's not eye gunk. Basically, it's just clear water . His Bad Bunny Shirts fur is always damp where it runs down the wrinkle under his eye to his jaw. Consequently, the fur inside the fold has worn away and the skin inside the fold is red. Can you tell me what I should do? Any personal experience or opinions would be greatly appreciated on this topic. The vet thinks it is just watery eyes caused by allergies.

Last edited:

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hello! It's my first time posting. I appreciate the opportunity to be here! I have a six month old boy. Since we brought him home from the breeder, his eyes have been watering. It's not tear stains and it's not eye gunk. Basically, it's just clear water. His fur is always damp where it runs down the wrinkle under his eye to his jaw. Consequently, the fur inside the fold has worn away and the skin inside the fold is red. Can you tell me what I should do? Any personal experience or opinions would be greatly appreciated on this topic. The vet thinks it is just watery eyes caused by allergies.

Welcome!

Definitely sounds like watery eyes from allergies. Rusty has severe allergies and it’s just watery eyes from allergies and cause the wrinkles to be wet and irritated. I have to put Eye drops(eye stream) in his eyes daily to rinse out the allergies.

For the wrinkles, I put Natural Dog company wrinkle balm on his wrinkles one I dry them and it works very well.

What do you feed him?? I ask because allergies can simply be from the food you feed him sometimes.

🆕 Latest posts