Pees and poops in Kennel

Panaya

Reaction score
So Fiona is now 5 months old and we are wondering if we are missing something. She sleeps all night (snores loudly) and does not urinate in the kennel throughout the night. But... during the morning schedule (feeding and relieving time) she will go out and when she comes in she will pee and or poop if you don't watch her. I've read that dogs can hold it their age plus 1 and she does not. lol. Are we doing something wrong? Or am I expecting too much from her too soon.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
They can be stubborn little buggers when it comes to potty training. Just be consistent with taking her out and praising her when she does go outside. I know with my bulldog, she’ll get easily distracted and then not go outside and I just keep taking her out until she goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I agree with [MENTION=188]Cbrugs[/MENTION] be inconstant and in time she will get it.

Panaya

Reaction score
Thanks! I really appreciate it!. I've owned many other breeds and loved them very much but these little buggers have my heart. They are hilarious and make my day everyday when I walk in the door! :D

CutieFrenchie

Reaction score
Charlie is 1 year and 2 months. Her last accident was a few days ago.Heard her get off the bed in the middle of the night and go inside her teepee den. She'll do this once in a while and sleep in there for a bit before coming back up into bed. Well she was only in there for a few seconds before coming back. Had a gut feeding. In the morning, looked inside and saw a damp spot.

That little brat normally gets off the bed and paws or scratch at the door. Then sits there waiting. Been doing this for months.

Her last accident was a few days after being spayed. IIRC, at the end of August. Or was it Sept. Again, she got off the bed at night and went to a pile of laundry and started to pee. I saw her and told her no. We chalked it up to maybe in pain, since she was accident free for some time there too.

Sometimes, they just pee whenever and wherever I guess.:evil:

jdunkle07

Reaction score
My Frenchie is a year and a half and it took me 9 months to potty train him. I love him more than anything he’s my little butter ball but he was super stubborn. Also it’s cold where I am and HATES it! I found that he works really well on a schedule. I know thats a lot of work..but I let him out at the same time every night before bed/morning, feedings etc.. he knows what to expect And it’s really made all the difference for him and me.

🆕 Latest posts