Post soft palate reduction surgery concerns

Ilvsantana

Reaction score
Remi had her soft palate reduction surgery yesterday, almost 20 hours ago. I would just like to know from those who have went through this if any of my concerns are familar. I was given 1/2 a page of instructions, and my questions are not answered by reading this paper.
Remi is sleeping for the majority of the time. She went pee a very tiny amount but, she is not interested at all in eating or drinking. so since she couldnt eat before surgery that means she has not had food or water for 36 hours. I am feeding her soft food. If she isnt eating how should I get her medicine in her? She is stubborn and thats an understatement. She seems to have the phlegm buildup and no cough really. When she gags from the phlegm she swallows it, instead of spitting it out. How long before your furbabies ate or drank anything? Any extra advice on aftercare would be so much appreciated. I feel like I am not doing a good job of taking care of her. I am catering to every need I think she has but Maybe Im trying to hard?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Remi had her soft palate reduction surgery yesterday, almost 20 hours ago. I would just like to know from those who have went through this if any of my concerns are familar. I was given 1/2 a page of instructions, and my questions are not answered by reading this paper.
Remi is sleeping for the majority of the time. She went pee a very tiny amount but, she is not interested at all in eating or drinking. so since she couldnt eat before surgery that means she has not had food or water for 36 hours. I am feeding her soft food. If she isnt eating how should I get her medicine in her? She is stubborn and thats an understatement. She seems to have the phlegm buildup and no cough really. When she gags from the phlegm she swallows it, instead of spitting it out. How long before your furbabies ate or drank anything? Any extra advice on aftercare would be so much appreciated. I feel like I am not doing a good job of taking care of her. I am catering to every need I think she has but Maybe Im trying to hard?
I would be calling the vet… if not eating and no meds in her she could be in pain. All my experience with a few surgeries, they we’re eating and drinking upon coming home. Sorry for the delayed response

🆕 Latest posts