How was your bulldog's post stenotic nares and soft palate surgery recovery?

alisatee

Reaction score
Hi all!

My 3 year old French Bulldog had his stenotic nares & soft palate reduction surgery done a week ago and is in pretty high spirits currently! For those of you who have went through it, how was the recovery and did you notice a difference in your bully's breathing right away? As it's only been a week (and the recovery is supposed to last about three weeks), I'm still being patient, but I'd say that there isn't really much of a difference yet. My dog is still audibly snoring and now a lot of the times just sounds like he has something stuck in his throat when breathing (which makes sense as it's probably still healing in there, but I thought that after a week it would get slightly better). Just looking for other's experiences.

Thanks. :)

natsbris

Reaction score
Hi! I had this same procedure done for my boy in February and it 100% made a difference in his breathing! He had some of the same symptoms you state at the beginning (still snoring etc) but trust me, it gets better! In his case it went away completely, maybe a month or so after if I can remember correctly, and he can run around so much better now. He used to get really tired and would pant a lot but now, unless it’s a really hot day or something, he can run and play without trouble breathing. You made the right choice, good luck!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed... it can take two weeks to clear up. Did you have a follow up appointment to confirm all is good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alisatee

Reaction score
Hi! I had this same procedure done for my boy in February and it 100% made a difference in his breathing! He had some of the same symptoms you state at the beginning (still snoring etc) but trust me, it gets better! In his case it went away completely, maybe a month or so after if I can remember correctly, and he can run around so much better now. He used to get really tired and would pant a lot but now, unless it’s a really hot day or something, he can run and play without trouble breathing. You made the right choice, good luck!

Ah okay. That's great to know! Thanks so much. Will continue being patient :)

alisatee

Reaction score
Agreed... it can take two weeks to clear up. Did you have a follow up appointment to confirm all is good?

Yes! We do have a follow up appointment at the end of the three weeks but it seems really casual b/c of covid and I also can't be in the room with him so it would be hard to demonstrate that stuck in his throat sound that I keep hearing. Hoping its just part of the recovery process!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes! We do have a follow up appointment at the end of the three weeks but it seems really casual b/c of covid and I also can't be in the room with him so it would be hard to demonstrate that stuck in his throat sound that I keep hearing. Hoping its just part of the recovery process!

Our vet does FaceTime... would yours be open to that

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
You could record it on your phone phone and send it to the vet so he/she can hear what your concerned with.
We only had nares done and it provided a big improvement. Jake snores much less, but still some.

Terry S

Reaction score
Hi all!

My 3 year old French Bulldog had his stenotic nares & soft palate reduction surgery done a week ago and is in pretty high spirits currently! For those of you who have went through it, how was the recovery and did you notice a difference in your bully's breathing right away? As it's only been a week (and the recovery is supposed to last about three weeks), I'm still being patient, but I'd say that there isn't really much of a difference yet. My dog is still audibly snoring and now a lot of the times just sounds like he has something stuck in his throat when breathing (which makes sense as it's probably still healing in there, but I thought that after a week it would get slightly better). Just looking for other's experiences.

Thanks. :)
Three years later what is your dog like. I have seen little to no progress after 2 months post surgery

🆕 Latest posts