Puppies' ears not popping up

Tekk

Reaction score
Our new litter is now 7 weeks old and some of their ears have not popped up. Is there more that we can do to help with that or am I being too impatient? The dad's ears never popped so he is a year and a half with the flopped-down ear.

I did read that floppy ears are in some Frenchy's DNA, is this accurate?

Currently, I have the puppies on the Wellness Core puppy brand and feed them a quarter of a tab of calcium. After they weened off the mom this week I stopped giving them powdered Goats Milk.

Attachments

• resized_Image.jpg
    resized_Image.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 3

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
It could take a bit longer to pop up. I have heard you can try some plain yogurt to help.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Our new litter is now 7 weeks old and some of their ears have not popped up. Is there more that we can do to help with that or am I being too impatient? The dad's ears never popped so he is a year and a half with the flopped-down ear.

I did read that floppy ears are in some Frenchy's DNA, is this accurate?

Currently, I have the puppies on the Wellness Core puppy brand and feed them a quarter of a tab of calcium. After they weened off the mom this week I stopped giving them powdered Goats Milk.

The puppy is adorable!

Rusty took 8 weeks of age before his ears stand up.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree with other... it can take some tie, and teething can cause them to flop up/down