recommend any 'indestructable' dog beds?

iblastoff

Reaction score
I say "indestructable" because I'm sure there isnt such a thing. But we're looking for a nice plain dog bed that our frenchie can't tear apart (or at least will take a long time to tear apart). She's had two beds now and shes just ripped them to shreds in a few days.

We've read about the k9-ballistics beds but even those reviews say they get torn up pretty fast too!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
In the crates we put vinyl crate pads in ours and we also have a Coolaroo in the living room that they can sleep on.

ColbyCharlie

Reaction score
I just got a coolaroo today. While its not really possible to chew on (he did try but you can't chew through metal), I think he will eventually be able to "dig" through it. Something about the material makes him enjoy scratching it like he is digging to china. The nice thing is that they sell replacement fabric so you can replace them yearly. My sister has a huge bed for her Doberman that she got from his breeder. It says "Top Dobe" on it and its made of jean fabric material. I've seen her massive doberman try to scratch through it only to tire himself out. It is actually pretty fun to watch. I don't think I've ever seen a dog chew through jeans. That might be something to consider. I believe Joann Fabrics sells jean material by the roll. Maybe go to Marshalls and buy a $9 dollar dog bed and then go to Joann and spend $15 for some fabric and make your own. Probably the cheapest route and could be a future Etsy business for you.

Cosmin

Reaction score

KimB3384

Reaction score
My cousin's Frenchie destroyed every bed purchased for her until they got her a Karunda. Zero issues now. Good luck!

KimB3384

Reaction score
I like the one for the crate. If we still crated, I'd totally be into that. I'd also think they'd be nice for warmer weather - allowing air to circulate underneath. Beezy is a burrower though. I think she'd eat my face in my sleep if I tried to take away her cuddler bed.

blushy

Reaction score
My dogs trash every single bed we buy, I use blankets or towels, and my boy loves just a $3 pillow from Walmart, if he ends up tearing a small hole I trash it. It's the ONLY a thing I've found that works since most dog beds have zippers and he will chew them and that's way too dangerous for my liking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Primo Crate Pads with tie downs are the best and easy to keep clean!

Phinslft

Reaction score
Frog loves his Snoozer Cozy Cave bed. He is a burrower at night. This is the only bed he has not shown an interest in destroying, although I'm sure he could.20160905_073724-1-1.jpg

FrenchieLuv

Reaction score
That's what I was going to recommend!

- - - Updated - - -

There is also:

If you're looking for an elevated dog bed

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E2JVKK/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004E2JVKK&linkCode=as2&tag=rove05-20&linkId=5b1d4e4df1b5b696c902eadc1d9d8078

πŸ†• Latest posts