Send Healing vibes please!

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
Wow, poor Stella, 2nd surgery now. I hope she heals up quickly! Fentanyl patch is very potent !! You might need to give her some canned pumpkin and extra fluids mixed with her meals to prevent constipation.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 12727
Sorry if this freaks anyone out. Hopefully 2019 will be better for Stella. She ruptured a disc in her back and had spinal surgery...again. I know it's a big incision but she was very comfortable after surgery. That's a fentanyl patch on her back.
IVDD is becoming so common in frenchies, it breaks my heart. I am thankful that she is not paralyzed and she was in great hands with her neurologist that performed the emergency surgery, on a Sunday no less.

Poor girl... but she has a fantastic home and is being well taken care of. Sending tons of love and prayers

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Wow, poor Stella, 2nd surgery now. I hope she heals up quickly! Fentanyl patch is very potent !! You might need to give her some canned pumpkin and extra fluids mixed with her meals to prevent constipation.

Thanks for the well wishes. She actually got back to her normal schedule rather quickly...within 2-3 days. She refused to eat in the hospital and lost weight so I fed her smaller more frequent meals when she initially came home to prevent GI issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Poor girl... but she has a fantastic home and is being well taken care of. Sending tons of love and prayers

Thank you for your kind words!