Sick little boy

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Poor baby, This is a bad time of year too, there are just so many more items for them to mess around with or ingest around the holidays. Hoping little Leo feels better soon!

mhuinker

Reaction score
Dogs pick up stomach viruses just like we do. I'm sure he will be fine.:)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, I hope he will be, my poor little guy! :(

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Michelle, I hope he feels better soon. Please keep us posted!!

Definitely will!

- - - Updated - - -

Poor baby, This is a bad time of year too, there are just so many more items for them to mess around with or ingest around the holidays. Hoping little Leo feels better soon!

Yeah I know and of course we watch him like a hawk. But the vet didn't find anything in his x-ray, so I don't think he swallowed anything he should not have.

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
I'm racking my brains believe me! :) We are in the middle of his bag of dry kibble and about done with the log of raw that was opened about 2 weeks ago. I'm brand new at this raw feeding and have no idea, but maybe that food had something bad about it, or it just simply started disagreeing with him??? I have no idea!! :( I don't recall the brand at the time, but the flavor he was on when we got him was "all natural" - it looked like ground beef actually. The breeder mentioned that one and turkey, which he has had since we've had him home as well. Right now he is on the quail. I'm wondering if switching flavors is upset his little tummy?

I'm so sorry to hear Poor Leo got sick! That's never fun for anyone. If he didn't get into anything you might think about the raw food again. I was feeding raw in the beginning and Ollie vomited a LOT on that food. Raw food has more bacteria in it that can bug the dogs tummies, its the reason I chose to go with a dry high quality food instead. Everyone is different. I sure hope he feels better soon!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I'm so glad you got into see the vet. You might try giving Leo some low sodium chicken broth. Also, he might like having a bland diet for a few days. Cook lean hamburger or bnls, skinless chicken breast, chopped into small cubes and mix with cooked rice. Usually that will get them eating again.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I'm glad he is feeling better and hope he will be good to go tomorrow. I just wonder if it's the raw, being two weeks old? I would think it should be used up in a week at the most after opened. You might try to contact the company and ask them.

mhuinker

Reaction score
I'm glad he is feeling better and hope he will be good to go tomorrow. I just wonder if it's the raw, being two weeks old? I would think it should be used up in a week at the most after opened. You might try to contact the company and ask them.

I keep it frozen and only thaw 2 days at a time. I don't think I will stop feeding the raw but I might cut back on it some!

mhuinker

Reaction score
I'm so glad you got into see the vet. You might try giving Leo some low sodium chicken broth. Also, he might like having a bland diet for a few days. Cook lean hamburger or bnls, skinless chicken breast, chopped into small cubes and mix with cooked rice. Usually that will get them eating again.

That is what my vet recommended! I just wonder with him being on a grain free diet, what the rice will do to him? He is drinking and ate a little bit of kibble tonight, so that is a good sign. He probably would have eaten more, but I didn't want to overdue it!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
It is better to feed him less and have him keep it down. How's Leo doing today?

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Whew! These little guys can be worrisome! I am so glad he is better!

mhuinker

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your support! He's got such a hold on me, I just can't bare him not feeling well and I'm feeling helpless for the poor little guy! I've had doggies throw up before, but usually it's just one pile and they are done, but I've never had one continue on like he did! Poor baby!

winginit66

Reaction score
So glad he's feeling better - and you are too!!! I know what it's like to be frantic. Funny story... in the first few months we had Gidget she woke me up about 3 am. She was breathing really heavy. I got up with her, took her outside, talked to her and she just kept looking like she was drugged. I woke my husband up and said - What should we do??? Waited a while longer, she was still making weird breating noises so I bundled her into the truck and off we went the emergency vet about 4AM. She walked in there and was like, Oh, where are we now? I'm getting all the attention. I love this!!! She was absolutely fine. But....if I hadn't of taken her and something would have been terribly wrong I would Never have forgiven myself.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Not sure he is 100% yet. He wasn't looking like he felt to great when I got home, but still has his appetite

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I would still be very concerned, poor Leo! My bulldog Yuna was throwing up and had X-rays done twice, both showed no blockage. My regular vet was on vaca so I was dealing with other vets and emergency vets. They ran many other expensive tests, all came back negative. Finally after 2 weeks I had it and got a hold of my vet who was finally back from vacation. I called him, he looked at the X-rays. He also didn't think there was a blockage. I told him we needed to cut her open and find out! Alas we found the blue grommit that we have not idea what it even is. It was so lightweight it felt like air in my hand. It had no density. Which is why it never showed up in the X-ray.

Yuna is the only one of my bulldogs who I never really worried about she just isn't a big chewer or toy girl. So she was the last one I ever expected to have an obstruction.

I don't want to scare you, but my point is clear X-rays mean nothing. Cloth and stuffing, ropes and socks, these items do not show up in X-rays and even if the X-ray pattern looks normal it can very well not be.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387665234.434711.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk