So, I had this lady tell me I'm an idiot for owning a Frenchie...

TampaSVT

Reaction score
I was out walking around old-town with Ozzy the other night. And, after the crowd of kids talking and petting him dispersed(which he loves, btw). This lady stops me, points at Ozzy and begins to lend me her extensive knowledge of French Bulldogs... (Which I normally smile and listen patiently...). Keep in mind I've been owned by 1/2 dozen of them for the last 20 years or so...

She emphatically stated that Blues and Lilacs should be destroyed at birth because they're not "real" French Bulldogs... And, anyone that buys one is an idiot... And, most importantly, Frenchies are horrible pets. Especially with kids...

All I could do was laugh... Obviously, she wasn't paying attention... :)

attachment.php

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I was out walking around old-town with Ozzy the other night. And, after the crowd of kids talking and petting him dispersed(which he loves, btw). This lady stops me, points at Ozzy and begins to lend me her extensive knowledge of French Bulldogs... (Which I normally smile and listen patiently...). Keep in mind I've been owned by 1/2 dozen of them for the last 20 years or so...

She emphatically stated that Blues and Lilacs should be destroyed at birth because they're not "real" French Bulldogs... And, anyone that buys one is an idiot... And, most importantly, Frenchies are horrible pets. Especially with kids...

attachment.php

(Sigh) .... don’t ya just ‘love’ the human race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mavis

Reaction score
Sounds like she really doesn't know the breed afterall.

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score
(Sigh) .... don’t ya just ‘love’ the human race

Seriously!!

My children would also definitely disagree that Frenchies are horrible with kids!!

No matter where people stand on the "exotic color" debate (and I understand much of the reasoning against) to say that they should be destroyed is horrible and cruel.

Frenchie Fanatic

Reaction score

Rich,
Thanks for sharing this. :)
I commend you for not squabbling with her. You showed restraint and class.
Before we got our Charlie who is blue, I researched blue frenchies quite a bit.
My feeling about this topic is strong so I will just say, "The more I see/hear of some people, the more I love my dogs".

Enjoy your beautiful pack!!! :yes:

TampaSVT

Reaction score
I appreciate the comments. In some lights, I have an amazing little purple Bulldog. But, even if Ozzy was green, the sweetest little dog I've ever met in my life...

And, she walked away, alone... So... Who's the real idiot here?

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
Just wow. This is why I hang out with dogs. They don't talk! :D

I probably wouldn't have been so nice about it. Who cares what she thinks? Such an idiot.

Jcstorlie

Reaction score
I’m not sure why people feel it’s necessary to lend their knowledge. I’ve had a few people try to make me feel guilty because I didn’t rescue a dog. I’ve looked into rescuing a Frenchie but they all couldn’t be around kids, other dogs or cats. That doesn’t work for me.

Penelope is my first Frenchie and she is the best dog ever. She loves adults, kids, and other dogs. Going to the vet is fun because I get to watch her interact with all of the other dogs.

Your dog is beautiful and he always looks like he is smiling in every picture. I think he’s one happy pup!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mattcantwin

Reaction score
You hear something like this and wonder why "these people" aren't around at the right times.

I know my wife and I would never have let the stewardess put the puppy that died in the overhead compartment and still wonder why

there was no outcry among the other passengers to prevent that tragedy.

mhuinker

Reaction score

attachment.php

I would have laughed too, at her ignorance!!

Off topic of Frenchies...... I noticed your member name has "SVT" in it...... does that stand for something Frenchie related, or something else?

Tgirl

Reaction score
Wow, I'm really good at listening to people say dumb things about dogs (I work at a Veterinary hospital), but when it comes to my Twiggy, restraint may have went out the window. As far as the kid thing, I've owned dogs all my life and she is one of the ones I would trust more than any around kids. She LOVES all people. LOVES LOVES LOVES! My husband was saying the other day "I don't think anyone could get Twiggy to bite them if they tried". She is just so sweet.