spinal surgery

john252525

Reaction score
hi im in the unfortunate position of my dog lewi has been diagnosed with subarachnoid diverticulum a genetic condition that is so far causing him to skip slightly on his back leg but will end up with paralysis . just wondered if any body else has had this and where the best referrals centre to do the operation is , as if you ask a referrals centre how many of these cases they have done they won't say until you have been referred and paid your money and all i want is who is most experienced in this operation

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
[MENTION=188]Cbrugs[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jax was diagnosed with IVDD in July 2017 and has had 3 surgeries since then for herniated discs on his neck. He still has full function of his legs and it’s been over a year since his last surgery (knock on wood). When his symptoms first started I took him to an ER the first couple of times and now he has a neurologist. I suggest finding a neurologist in your area to have him evaluated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpenland00

Reaction score
Hi There John,
Just checking in on how it's going with your frenchie? My Hector is in surgery right now for subarachnoid diverticulum and I'm curious if you had the surgery, how was the recovery? I'm very nervous about having to crate him for 4 + weeks and hoping you had some tips. He had the exact same symptoms you described.
Thank you!
Julie