Spinal surgery

Chelsie169

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice. So my beautiful baby has been suffering with problems with her back legs. She walks funny by dragging her legs or walks with her legs stiff legged or drunk the vets call it. When she shakes is well her back legs give way. They have said she has malfunctions of parts of the spine or something along those lines and weakness of the lower spine. They are on about doing operations to get her better and back to her normal frenchie self. I am wondering if anyone has ever had their frenchie who has had spinal surgery and the outcome and if it helped them become better.
Just wanting to know whatโ€™s best for my baby girl and what everyone has had experience with spinal or even back surgeries with their frenchies.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you had an MRI done to get an actual diagnosis? Jax has IVDD and has had 4 surgeries to repair herniated discs. IVDD can cause what you have described but can only be diagnosed through an MRI.

chimneyhann

Reaction score
I understand how tough it is to see your pup going through this. iI haven't experienced exactly what you're facing, I've been through the challenges of tplo surgery with my own dog. Spinal issues can be challenging, but many dogs have bounced back after such procedures. Have you considered asking your vet about options like physical therapy or supplements to help manage her symptoms?
I am looking for some advice. So my beautiful baby has been suffering with problems with her back legs. She walks funny by dragging her legs or walks with her legs stiff legged or drunk the vets call it. When she shakes is well her back legs give way. They have said she has malfunctions of parts of the spine or something along those lines and weakness of the lower spine. They are on about doing operations to get her better and back to her normal frenchie self. I am wondering if anyone has ever had their frenchie who has had spinal surgery and the outcome and if it helped them become better.
Just wanting to know whatโ€™s best for my baby girl and what everyone has had experience with spinal or even back surgeries with their frenchies.

Last edited:

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
My female had two spinal surgeries from IVDD. She recovered well. Have you taken her to a neurologist? That would be something to consider. They can take an MRI and see what's going on. Good luck!

HowardG

Reaction score
My Bella had spinal surgery when she was between 2-3 yo. After a play session with another dog she Was unable to raise her butt of the ground. She got emergency surgery and thank good responded well. It was a very expensive lesson to learn about Frenchie care. Keep them cool, hydrated and calm play, no rough stuff. Good luck.