Swimmers legs

FrenchiesandBlooms

Reaction score
I have a 3 week old with swimmers legs and I'm struggling to get her up and on her feet. I've tried taping the rear legs which has helped but after 4 days there is some but not much improvement.
Any tried and trued methods?
Maybe I am expecting too much too soon?
Thanks

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I don't have any personal experience with it but I think it could take several weeks of the taping to see any improvement so I would try giving it more time. Is there any physical therapy you can also try?

FrenchiesandBlooms

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I don't have any personal experience with it but I think it could take several weeks of the taping to see any improvement so I would try giving it more time. Is there any physical therapy you can also try?
I've been watching alot of videos to try and help her more. There is a flower box method basically slightly wider than the puppy that they can walk in. This keeps the legs and hips in and forces them to push off more upward that I may try tomorrow. I'm just trying to be sure that I'm doing all that I can.
Getting the tape just right is pretty critical and takes some playing with.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
yes... the flower box method is what I've seen a breeder use and it work wonders for them