What food is best for puppy?

BellaTheBeauty

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been very curious of what everyone is feeding there frenchie puppy? The breeder I purchased from , she says she has kept all her frenchies on victor high protein for ever with wonderful results. Is Victor dog food good? Any other good dog food ,? Or what is everyone trying?
Greatly appreciate your input thanks so much.

Joe

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been very curious of what everyone is feeding there frenchie puppy? The breeder I purchased from , she says she has kept all her frenchies on victor high protein for ever with wonderful results. Is Victor dog food good? Any other good dog food ,? Or what is everyone trying?
Greatly appreciate your input thanks so much.

Joe

I feed Rusty Raw Diet and health issues have greatly improved and some have gone away. Raw is best for them including puppies cause that can definitely prevent lots of health issues.

My other dog is on raw diet, she has kidney disease from the low quality food she was on as a puppy and when she was diagnosed with kidney disease she was given 6 months at age 5 and we put her on raw diet and she is still here with us 2 years after she was diagnosed and given only 6 months.
So for her it’s also been the best thing we did is put her on raw diet too just like Rusty.

Next best after raw diet is lightly cooked fresh dog food such as Raised Right human grade dog food, then premium kibble.

Before feeding raw(he has been on it for over 1 year now),
I was cooking for him, then he got picky and I started him on Raised Right human grade gently cooked fresh dog food, but there was only 2 proteins that Rusty could have and wasn’t allergic to and they need more variety than that 3-4 proteins rotate thru at least is best if you can, the more the better.

Thats part of why I switched him to raw diet cause I can rotate thru much more proteins and it’s better for health issues.
I currently rotate thru 5 different premade raw diets in 1 week(you can rotate thru 1 week is 1 protein and the next week is another protein for example).

So Rusty gets:
Kangaroo
Beef/salmon formula
Bison/fish formula
Beef
Goat

The premium kibble brands:

-Carna 4
-Natures Logic

Both Carna 4 and natures logic is synthetic free and whole food based, has probiotics in it too.
Carna 4 is oven baked and has goat,
Lamb, venison, duck and fish for proteins.

Natures Logic is synthetic free minimal processed, is legumes and potato free. Comes in lamb, Sardine, Turkey, Rabbit,
Pork, beef and many others.

I wouldn’t feed victor cause it’s got too much potatoes and legumes in grain free formulas and in the grain included formulas they use lots of grains And lots of synthetic vitamins minerals, all of which can cause health issues and cause Frenchies are prone to health issues, diet is the best way to prevent the health issues and sometimes treat health issues.
It’s also on the higher end of carbs which create inflammation and health issues that they don’t need.

Definitely avoid these brands as they are all fillers:
-Royal Canin
-Purina
-Hills
-eukanuba
-science diet
-anything from grocery store
-anything from the vet
-blue Buffalo

No matter what you feed, kibble, canned, or raw, I recommend always rotate proteins to prevent food allergies and picky eater.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
We also feed raw... made and shipped to our home. We rotate between four proteins as well.

🆕 Latest posts