Aggressive Biting When Taking Away Toilet Paper

pdepierre

Reaction score
Corby is a 15 month old sweet Black and Tan. He is gentle with our 14 month old grandson, and kind to my 87 year old mom. However, he is obsessed with paper products - he randomly (not consistently) will start eating toilet paper, pick up a scrap paper towel fragment, or a rogue dryer sheet, and when we try to get it from him he turns aggressive.

I'm not talking "nipping" - I'm talking crazed like a rabid dog growling and biting. We have tried various methods to get the items away from him including quiet gentle talking with petting to try to retrieve the paper products, but his eyes are seriously crazy eyes and nothing works and even if he lets us get close to pet him, the second we try to remove the paper he growls and bites. My husband who is a bigger guy will just scoop him up and hold him tight and grab the item, but I'm scared to do that when he is like this.

Any ideas on how to correct the behavior? I'm very afraid that our grandson or dog sitter will try to take paper from him at some point and actually get bit!

Back