Back legs gone

Jace

Reaction score
Ruby went to vet Monday,for us to be with no x-ray or real examination,stood her up and she bent her feet forward and weed, vet said of definite ivdd,£7500 plus aftercare £10000. Or put her down.both myself and wife in bits,3 and half year old.healthy .then he said or leave her here £500 if in morning no good put her down. We said no so he packed us of with ,metacom and gabapentin, for 5 days telling us she's lost bowels and bladder control. £189 lighter, and telling us she will get worse.book back in Friday to see a d pit her down. So we came home ,she is still lively eating drinking and pooing and weeing..when taken out on a hand harness on back to hold her but like a rocket still on front legs , very little accidents in house.seems to be scooting like normal to go toilet when out. So legs no not yet going. But I can run paws and she moves legs. I just want to get her better and if need be I will buy her some wheels.i just feel vet is wrong somehow.she gets up and shuffles across carpet.

Get a second opinion and but hee a cart/wheels. They can live a full life in a diaper and wheels. Sending lots of hugs to you all.

I’m just now putting my 13 yr old in wheels due to muscles deteriorating.. he is wizing around like a 3 yr old again

Very sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your best friend. 2 weeks ago, I lost my 13 year, 5 month Frenchie Lunchbox. I blame myself. He had a sore below his bottom that grew into a hard mass. The vet said it wasn't cancerous - but he did have a slow growing cancer in his neck area. I should've of brought him to vet earlier. I'm a mess. Thank goodness for my new Frenchie rescue, Bruce. But I still cry everyday. I miss Lunchbox so much. Take care.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your best friend. 2 weeks ago, I lost my 13 year, 5 month Frenchie Lunchbox. I blame myself. He had a sore below his bottom that grew into a hard mass. The vet said it wasn't cancerous - but he did have a slow growing cancer in his neck area. I should've of brought him to vet earlier. I'm a mess. Thank goodness for my new Frenchie rescue, Bruce. But I still cry everyday. I miss Lunchbox so much. Take care.
Very sorry for your loss. It is definitely not your fault. Don't be so hard on yourself, you provided a loving long life for your dog and if Lunchbox were still here and could talk he would have told you the same.

I hope it gets a little easier with time.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm trying to heal, but my heart aches without him. Lunchbox had a wonderful life. It's hard to loose your best friend.
Thanks again.

Back