I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Bessie~~Available For Adoption in the Chicago Area

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
bessie-1.jpg

Hello, My name is Bessie and I realize my cuteness can turn heads in passing cars, slowing them down to a crawl just to ask about me while I’m out for a walk! Unfortunately fame is not what I seek. I am here because my world as I knew it came to an abrupt end when my human companion fell terminally ill and could no longer care for me as wonderfully as they once did. So it is with, a heavy heart my search begins.

My foster mom says my name should be "Eureka" because she discovered, what an absolute treasure, a true gem, with a heart of gold I am. Born in February of 2010, makes me mature enough to be the perfect well mannered "Queen" that I am. I am confident and very loyal. I will stand guard and protect my kingdom from all unfamiliar sounds until I'm assured you're "okay" with them.

Oh, you’re probably wondering if I'll redecorate your home for you. Well, No! I will not, you'll need to hire an interior decorator for that, as I only chew on things that are given to me. When playing with you, I tend to be over zealous and will sometimes nibble on your hands (so no small children for me). I do love to chew on antlers though!

I am comfortable in a wire crate should a need arise. I also sleep well in it at bedtime. Although I pace myself in a high, slow and calm fashion around my kingdom, when I go for walks for some reason I like to hurry along and pull on my harness. I guess your counting on me to get you wherever it is, I'm supposed to be taking you. I'll need help working on that.

"Potty Outside!" You say? I say, show me the door that leads me to the yard and I will take it from there. I have a great memory.

I'm not big on car rides, but I am improving, so for now I’m best in a carrier in the back seat with the air conditioning kicked up all the way.

"Work" let’s talk about that. Somebody has to supply all the comforts of home, I pick you! I'll be fine in my kingdom where I'm most comfortable. But I'm no free loader by any means, you will be paid by me every day, with priceless greetings of happy smiles and tons of kisses upon arrival. Who am I kidding, when made to wait,
I'm happy to see you make it back from the bathroom!

Your're probably wondering by now what's my favorite time of day. It's People O'clock time day or night. Yes I love People! Yet, I'm not a needy kinda gal. I just love listening to what they have to say and interacting with them. I say to them "what can I do for you?" then I show them I know what they are talking about. The puzzled looks on their face is to die for, as they wonder how I can understand them so well. I'm perfectly content just lying next to them or at their feet.

On the other paw. Fur-friends "Not" so much. In the k9 verity, I've tried the pushy small females, who all they want to do is play, play, play. The big ol' clumsy young male types who just literally fall on or over me (Oh! if that big overgrown buffoon steps on me one more time, I'll scream!) And a relentless feline who insists that cats rule and dogs drool, I must admit giving that one a chase up the cat tree has been rewarding. These foster fur-friends have been, how shall I put it? Tolerated. Yes, that's a good word for it. Personally I'd rather hold my honorary spot, as number one k9 female, in my kingdom, seeing how I am, a "Queen" and all. As far as meeting fur-friends outside of the kingdom, "NOT" for me, I don't know them nor do I want to. Doggie parks, or meet up groups definitely "NOT" for me. I'll be happy to "NOT" have those other furry critters try to sniff my behind while I'm visiting the vet or out shopping for more toys and accessories either, thank you. After all I'm not here for them I'm here for my Forever human, you. :)

To apply for Bessie, please Download our application by clicking here.

*All adoption fees include the dog being up to date on their shots, microchipped, heartworm tested and fecal tested, spayed/neutered, bed, collar and leash.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> frenchieporvous.org

To view more available Frenchies from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago French Bulldog Rescue

Thank you for considering adoption for your next family fur-mate!

Please let them know you found them on French Bulldog News! :)