Claw cutting

Bleuboy

Reaction score
I have a little monster of a Frenchie that attacks anyone who goes near his nails. We've tried the vet who doesn't want to do them, we've tried hanging him up but he wiggles so we can't do it, we've tried a dremmel, nail clippers and even nail file. We are out of options and his nails desperately needs doing. Any advice please 😁

Attachments

• PXL_20240506_102507290.jpg
    PXL_20240506_102507290.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Has you vet tried to do them with a drug to settle him? Another is a three person job… have one hold him, another keep a high valued treats at his nose occasionally giving him one, and the third Dremel/cut

Thanks for this, I've managed to get the vet to give me some sedation for him at last so this Friday is the official claw cut day 😬

Good luck… sadly many pups need this to get the trims done

I know it's heartbreaking to drug him but if his feet hurt his life would be miserable so there is a good reason. I'm making my hubby give them to him so he hates him for a bit and not me 😁

I had the same problem with my Frenchie's vet. He couldn't clip them due to Bruce Wayne (changed his name) going nuts. He is getting neutered next week, so that will be the time to do it. I'm just worried about future nail clipping. I would do it my self but his nails are black and it's difficult to fine the quick.

Back