Food

Emah06

Reaction score
Hi guys, my partner and I rescued my girl around 8 months ago. She was 2 year old and we were her 4th home! Safe to say this is her last!! She hadn't been looked after well at all and her needs had certainly not been met! The food she was on was the cheap home bargains brand wet food, so I weaned her off that onto the same as my other dogs which is Harrington's dry food. She has no "tit bits" just her dog food. She seemed to be absolutely fine on that no issues at all until a few months ago She started with soft stools, I did all the usual wormed her again washed bedding vet visit, blah blah blah. Still no change. The odd occasion her stool will be solid but only for a day or 2 then it's back to loose. I'm wondering if the food is now not good enough for her and what is the best brand/type of food for a frenchie is. So what does everyone else feed their babies? Sorry for long post, thanks for reading.

Hello and welcome to the site. I unfortunately can't assist you with this particular problem but wanted to welcome you. I'm sure someone else will chime in with some good information soon!

Hi guys, my partner and I rescued my girl around 8 months ago. She was 2 year old and we were her 4th home! Safe to say this is her last!! She hadn't been looked after well at all and her needs had certainly not been met! The food she was on was the cheap home bargains brand wet food, so I weaned her off that onto the same as my other dogs which is Harrington's dry food. She has no "tit bits" just her dog food. She seemed to be absolutely fine on that no issues at all until a few months ago She started with soft stools, I did all the usual wormed her again washed bedding vet visit, blah blah blah. Still no change. The odd occasion her stool will be solid but only for a day or 2 then it's back to loose. I'm wondering if the food is now not good enough for her and what is the best brand/type of food for a frenchie is. So what does everyone else feed their babies? Sorry for long post, thanks for reading.
How much do you feed her? Could be too much food. The guidelines in the bags are usually too much because they want you to buy more

How much do you feed her? Could be too much food. The guidelines in the bags are usually too much because they want you to buy more
I've got a cup my vets gave me to measure her portions, as that was another of my concerns. I hope it's right or my vets got some explaining to do 🤣.

Get your own cup and feed about 1/4 to 1/2 per meal to see if it helps

Back