Frenchton newbie!

Lori J

Reaction score
Hi everyone!! My name is Lori and my husband and I are interested in adding a Frenchton to our family :) We haven't had a dog in years and thought this would be a good place to start. We are starting with educating ourselves about Frenchton's and I hope I'm in the right place! We are in Northern Virginia and prefer to meet the breeder. Any suggestions or information about Frenchtons is greatly appreciated!

I have not been on here in a long time but just happened across when I was researching a food change. I have a Frenchton. She is 3/4 Frenchie and 1/4 Boston. I'd always had Boston's previously (still have a male) and wanted to try a mix and researched about the breed. Being mostly Frenchie my vet advised pet insurance right away.

I had a hard time finding breeders but then I'd read somewhere to look on FB and even though I have a no FB rule I created an account just for the purpose of finding a Frenchton and was successful.

We are absolutely over the moon with her as is most anybody that meets her. She has the best mixture of spunk and relax-mode that works for us.

She has some seasonal allergies so she is on Cytopoint injections and medicated baths but otherwise she is healthy.

I believe many on the board have some excellent nutrition advice. I feed Open Farm kibble and mix with recipes that I cook for them from the Farmer's Dog.

I wish you good luck and look forward to reading that you found your Frenchton!

Hello @Lori J welcome to the site! Glad to have you aboard!

I have not been on here in a long time but just happened across when I was researching a food change. I have a Frenchton. She is 3/4 Frenchie and 1/4 Boston. I'd always had Boston's previously (still have a male) and wanted to try a mix and researched about the breed. Being mostly Frenchie my vet advised pet insurance right away.

I had a hard time finding breeders but then I'd read somewhere to look on FB and even though I have a no FB rule I created an account just for the purpose of finding a Frenchton and was successful.

We are absolutely over the moon with her as is most anybody that meets her. She has the best mixture of spunk and relax-mode that works for us.

She has some seasonal allergies so she is on Cytopoint injections and medicated baths but otherwise she is healthy.

I believe many on the board have some excellent nutrition advice. I feed Open Farm kibble and mix with recipes that I cook for them from the Farmer's Dog.

I wish you good luck and look forward to reading that you found your Frenchton!
hi Vegas!

Thank you for the message, the information and the encouragement! So glad to hear your Frenchton fit right in!

Welcome to FBN... I don't have any experience with owning a Fecnhton, but I know they are a good blend of the two breeds, so enjoy the love and energy. Good luck with your search

Back