Got a new puppy and my 2 year old is acting up!

DeeM

Reaction score
Hello!
I have a 2 year old named Thor and we now have a 5 month old named Loki. We are dealing with the normal puppy frenchie issues, mostly with potty training...he goes everywhere, but now Thor has started peeing all over the house too! It first only happened when we left them alone, but now he is doing it while they play or when hes just hanging out. His newest thing is going in the restroom and peeing on the floor, which he NEVER did before. They play together ok, but Thor sometimes just wants to play with me and will pout when Loki gets involved. Thor loves others dogs so we thought getting him a little brother would be great, especially once I go back to work, but it doesn't seem like that is the case. I have no idea what to do. I am so tired of cleaning up pee all day! I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

Corrie

Reaction score
Just a few thoughts to consider. Make sure you give Thor extra attention and alone time with you reassuring him he is not being replaced. He may see Loki peeing in the house and getting attention even though it may be bad attention (scolding). Reward then both with a small treat for peeing outside and ignore the bad behavior (peeing in the house). Also he may think Loki is marking is territory and trying to do the same. It will take a little time but I'm sure soon they will be best buds.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I agree, some of it is marking, and some of it is he wants attention. They both have to get the same attention. In time they will get back to normal, and the pup will get potty trained, it just takes time and patience.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree... marking and a little jealousy. Keep schedule and stay consistent with both them one the potty schedules

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk