Hello and thank you...

OscarDad

Reaction score
Good day All,

Great to be on this forum and I've been enjoying reading the threads and posts so thank you for the add!

My little guys name was Oscar and I had him since he was a puppy. In fact, I picked him out when he was roughly 4-5 weeks old. This was my first dog and let's just say I fell into the category of over stressing that I was doing everything correctly, rushing to the vet when most times it wasn't needed etc. However after about the first year it all became beyond easy. I had him until just pass his fourth birthday and it was the most amazing four years I could have asked for.

Everyone thinks of their dog as the best one out there and I am no different. He was fully potty trained in week with just 2 accidents inside which were 100% my fault as I didn't pick up that he needed to go out. Foolishly, or perhaps not, I discouraged barking from the start so the only time he made a sound was a scary butterfly on the other side of the glass trying to invade his back garden. He was a true gent to and an absolute joy to have around. As with any frenchie, he has he quirks which brought laughter daily, be it him watching me through the glass reflection to see if I'm done eating to having a sixth sense that we are about to visit a friends house which then had him pacing to the front door, back to see why I was taking my time and back again.

He was also quite the fixture on the estate and more knew his name than mine. Always up for a fuss and will not leave your feet until you give him at least a stroke. He was also ever present on the front drive whilst I was washing the cars or doing some gardening but not keeping me company, no no, instead he would stare at the house across the street where his other favourite people lived in the hopes they just might come out.

All in all, the most gentle, dare I say reserved, little man that I could have asked for.

It's early days and still grieving for him yet in all this, one thing is clear, I want to have another dog. I have reached out to his breeder so something might happen either early January or this coming summer. The Jan pups would have blood ties to Oscar from both parents, all very confusing, and the puppies due in summer would be one from his sister, both of which came from the same litter. Perhaps morbid, but I take some comfort knowing a possible new member of the family will have ties with Oscar.

Looking forward to hopefully being able to contribute.
Oscar_5.jpg

Oscar_4.jpg

Oscar_1.jpg

I have lost a loved pet as well and it is very difficult... but time heals all wounds. Just take it a day at a time. Very sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing. Glad to have you on the site, thank you for being a member!

Welcome to FBN! What a wonderful introduction and description of your handsome boy!

So very sorry for your loss.. rest well Oscar, you were so very loved.

Good luck in finding you new baby

Back