Here Comes Squitchel

• Thread starter Deleted member 5305
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5305

Hey y’all! My name is Teresa and I own a 2 y/o female Frenchie named Squitchel. I am looking to learn some information on managing food allergies. We had her hair tested to what she is allergic to and it is a long list. I purchased her from a preservation breeder who is very reputable. I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with managing food allergies. She is on a hydrolyzed prescription diet along with Apoquel.

Attachments

• IMG_0778.jpeg
    IMG_0778.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Also, does anyone have a recommendation to keep her nose soft and not look all crusty? Coconut oil is one of the things she is allergic to and I was using the nose butter. Ahhh

Welcome to the site, she is a cutie!

You could try this... Amazon.com

Welcome! Those tests aren’t always accurate so please keep that in mind.

I would feed a raw diet if you are able using turkey or duck as the protein.

For the nose… I use a wet washcloth rub the news keep it wet and then I apply musher’s secret that you can buy on Amazon. Do that every day for about a week and you should see results within a few days and then continue to do so as needed for maintenance.

I use nose butter from Amazon. Dry, crusty nose can be from food bits getting stuck on their noses. You can try wiping his face after he eats. My bulldog just had a crusty nose and I used a wet warm washcloth to wipe off his crusties then applied the nose butter and it was good as new in a couple days.

Hair Allergy tests are not always reliable especially when it comes to food allergies. I’d try a raw diet if you can, and add in a good probiotic if you aren’t using one already.

Back