Hi from my Frenchie Rio and me!

Thorodinson66

Reaction score
Hi everyone i’m here to ask for help. Rio has just been treated for fleas and they are now gone. He is however scratching himself constantly and scooting. I’ve tried him with sensitive calming foam and regular baths with sensitive shampoos. He doesn’t know what to do with himself and he’s distressed. He’ll manage 10 minutes ok, then jumps up quickly to scratch or air bite or suck his paw.
He flopped against me earlier as if to say I’m fed up with this.
Vets are £50 to walk through the door and £50 for corticosteroids like prednisolone and similar. If he stays like this tomorrow I will bite the bullet and take him after work.
Do you have any idea how long these reactions to the fleas might last and what you guys have done in a similar situation. It has been 2 days since the first treatment and I hear they get more active in their death throws so more biting and more reaction for my boy.
Thank you for any help

Hi everyone i’m here to ask for help. Rio has just been treated for fleas and they are now gone. He is however scratching himself constantly and scooting. I’ve tried him with sensitive calming foam and regular baths with sensitive shampoos. He doesn’t know what to do with himself and he’s distressed. He’ll manage 10 minutes ok, then jumps up quickly to scratch or air bite or suck his paw.
He flopped against me earlier as if to say I’m fed up with this.
Vets are £50 to walk through the door and £50 for corticosteroids like prednisolone and similar. If he stays like this tomorrow I will bite the bullet and take him after work.
Do you have any idea how long these reactions to the fleas might last and what you guys have done in a similar situation. It has been 2 days since the first treatment and I hear they get more active in their death throws so more biting and more reaction for my boy.
Thank you for any help
Try benedryl… 1 mg per pound up to 3x a day

Back