New here!

Aprilcox27

Reaction score
Hi guys! Iโ€™m a mom to Daisy, my 14 month year old Frenchie. She is such a joy. The best little cuddler ever with such a sweet personality. Iโ€™m new as a dog mom so any advice helps and thatโ€™s why Im here, to learn new things. Eve since we got her at the age of 6 months she has never had solid poop. I took her to the vet and nothing was found, all looked good. They wanted to run more test on her colon but I never took it to that next step. Iโ€™ve tried everything, pumpkin, chicken and rice, different food and basically all the same, runny Pooh. Very frustrating. Besides that I have a new thing going on which I donโ€™t know why is happening. These past few days she has been getting these bumps under her fur that itch her and come and go to different parts of her lower back( towards her tail) maybe an allergy? Any advise? Happy to join this group, happy to be here! My name is April ๐Ÿ˜Š

Attachments

• IMG_8677.jpeg
    IMG_8677.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! So sorry to hear about the issues you are having. What food are you currently feeding? When you brought her to the vet, did they do a fecal exam to check for parasites, specifically giardia? Too much food can also cause loos stool.

The bumps could be allergy related or some type of infection. You can have the vet do a skin scrape.

Aprilcox27

Reaction score
IMG_8744.pngCurrently feeding her this, been about a month. It maybe helps about 30% maybe less. I donโ€™t feed her much at all, just what she is suppose to have. Even on chicken a rice it was bad. Itโ€™s very frustrating and I feel bad for her. She has been tested for all of those thing when I took her to the vet when I first got her so she is good there. I think I might try a Benadryl tonight and see if it helps before going to the vet. Thank you for your opinion!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I would cut back on the amount.. the bag guides are usually too high of an amount because they need you to buy more ๐Ÿ˜ฌโ€ฆ. I feed raw and my guy weighs 27 lbs and get 1/3 cup twice a day. I I were feeding kibble Iโ€™d probably give about 1/2 cup twice a day.