Skin issue

BrxMike Pretty

Reaction score
I recently took ownership of my neighbors french bulldog. Pretty is about 5 yrs old. I have had her for 1 year. Recently she has developed these patches on her skin that are very try and clumps up her hair and form hard patches.. I recently started working again and have not taken her to the vet for a physical. Please help.

Sorry, I forgot to include a picture.

Attachments

• 17249895103881429851580228279197.jpg
    17249895103881429851580228279197.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
Hope someone has some answers for you. Welcome to the site!

Hi there, it's hard to tell but those patches look quite like the ones my Frenchie gets, they're sometimes itchy and the hair falls off. My vet has diagnosed them as allergic reactions, something that he suffers from quite a lot. I think you'll have to fit in a vet visit somehow in order to be sure and to access the tablets or creams that may be needed. My little fellow has been a lot better on hypoallergenic dry food but we think he's very sensitive to dust mites, a much harder challenge in an old house like ours! Hope you get some relief and maybe let us know how you're getting on? Take care :)

I recently took ownership of my neighbors french bulldog. Pretty is about 5 yrs old. I have had her for 1 year. Recently she has developed these patches on her skin that are very try and clumps up her hair and form hard patches.. I recently started working again and have not taken her to the vet for a physical. Please help.
It is most likely a staph infection as a result of an allergy (environmental or food). Get her on a good probiotic fresh sauerkraut is best or raw goats milk. If you prefer a powder, then Herbsmith Microflora is a good choice. If you are feeding chicken based food, think about changing to duck or turkey as processed chicken tens to be an issue for may dogs.

Back