The itching feet again.

Clyde

Reaction score
We have had this issue for a long time, tried all the things we've found on forums and online... cytopoint injection, working the 1st few times then didn't help. Shampoos, rubs, probiotics, Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar. We're going back to the vets to see what the next step is, spoke to our groomer who also has a frenchie and has the same issue but her advice is to live with it and yes we have changed his diet many times, raw, grain free etc. He's fine most of the time seems to be when he's left in the house on his own ( a few hours at most) has anyone managed to eradicate this issue completely and long term. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• 20240816_095359.jpg
    20240816_095359.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 0
Seems some sort of allergy to me and with such things, a vet would be best placed to hopefully pin point it.

I had this issue when he was a puppy and the vet first asked I cut everything out that I'm feeding him bar his kibble. No treats, nothing and after a week his flareups subsided, with a few days of antihistamines. In the end I never did find out the exact cause but just maintained him on a strict diet.

He also had an episode of skin rash which was down to the soap and fabric softener I was using on his bedding. This too cleared up after switching to delicate soap without scent, antibacterial rinse etc.

Lastly, a friend's Frenchie was having issues like you described but all over. For him, it ended up being diet related and he switched to Millies Wolfheart food, UK based, which cleared most of the issues up.

Fingers crossed it's just something minor that it bugging him which you can sort out soon.

Good luck

P

Thanks, we've tried the antihistamine tablets but hopefully vets can get to the bottom of it.

Back