weird potty training issue?

cfizzle

Reaction score
my frenchie is 7 months old and for the most part house trained. she gets taken out every 4-5 hours and holds it throughout the night with no problems. the only thing that's been going on that I find strange is that sometimes she'll be up on the bed with us and she'll place her two front paws on us with her back legs still on the bed and suddenly just let go. it's happened 3 times now and on the floor too, she leaned up on the edge of her bed and started peeing but stops when she realized what happened and ran to the door. no other accidents have happened in at least two months other than when she gets up in that specific position. and you can tell she doesnt mean to do it when it happens bc she'll go from trying to hand you a toy to play with her and then drop it suddenly and look around like as if she just realized what happened. has anyone else had this happen to them? I dont understand why it only happens when she props herself up like that.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
I have never heard of this. When she realizes it is happening, she runs to the door to be let out to finish? If so, she has a perfect grasp on where it is appropriate to go potty (outside). I really have no insight...maybe someone else does. May be worth a small vet exam fee to run it by them and see what he/she thinks it might be.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I would ask the vet to check her bladder, maybe when she stretches that way, it puts pressure that causes the release

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

🆕 Latest posts