Pale Gums

ParisRoger

Reaction score
Roger has Pale pink gums. He doesnt seem sick. If anythink hes his normal happy go lucky. Does any one elses frenchies have the same

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

petitsfilous

Reaction score
When you press against the gums with your finger, that spot should turn paler and upon taking your finger away the blood should rush back. If it doesn't, it's a sign that your dog's not getting enough oxygen. If this is the case, you might want to pop him to the vets just in case.

ParisRoger

Reaction score
Thank you xx

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
When you press against the gums with your finger, that spot should turn paler and upon taking your finger away the blood should rush back. If it doesn't, it's a sign that your dog's not getting enough oxygen. If this is the case, you might want to pop him to the vets just in case.

:up:

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Pale gums is usually a sign of them being dehydrated. Does your Frenchie have access to water 24/7? They should if they aren't. If your Frenchie doesn't drink that much water, then you can add some to their kibble, and that will help.

ParisRoger

Reaction score
Thank you he has water 24/7. I also give him Ice Cubes.
They are still Pale so weird x

milano88

Reaction score
My vet mentioned pale gums are also a symptom of tick fever. It might be worth feeling around his fur for any ticks if he's been out in the woods or somewhere he could've picked them up. If he doesn't have any of the other symptoms such as lethargy or not eating it can most likely be ruled out though.

jessicae091

Reaction score
After Lucy's surgery, her gums would turn really white sometimes & the vet told me it could be dehydration & to give her Pedalyte.. It seemed to help.. Her energy level went up a lot after

ParisRoger

Reaction score
Thank you for the Help. We took Roger to the Vet and she said hes 100% healthy and not to worry x

🆕 Latest posts