How much food?

mix123

Reaction score
Hi. We're in the process of switching our 4 month old frenchie from Acana puppy to First Mate Chicken With Blueberries (All life Stages). We were feeding her 1/2 a cup twice a day on the Acana. She was pooping like crazy and it was always fairly soft. It started getting really soft so we started her on a bland diet for 2 days. She's back on food mixed with pumpkin. Half the Acana half the new food. Seems to be going good. Now here's my question. The First Mate feeding guide and the guy at the food store told us for her size all she needs is 1/4 - 1/3 of a cup per day. This seems really low.... What do you guys think? Here's a link to this food

http://www.firstmate.com/dog-food/grain-free/chicken-with-blueberries/

Thanks

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
This food has potatoes listed as the first ingredient, so I would consider it a much lower quality than Acana, however perhaps give it a try and see if the Acana is too rich or there is something in it your Frenchie is allergic to. This food is mainly chicken meal and potatoes. Anything after the fat source is irrelevant.

I would stick with the amount you were feeding on Acana, if anything you would feed less Acana than this one .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mix123

Reaction score
This food has potatoes listed as the first ingredient, so I would consider it a much lower quality than Acana, however perhaps give it a try and see if the Acana is too rich or there is something in it your Frenchie is allergic to. This food is mainly chicken meal and potatoes. Anything after the fat source is irrelevant.

I would stick with the amount you were feeding on Acana, if anything you would feed less Acana than this one .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ok we will give it a try. I just wonder why they have such low amounts in the feeding guide..

🆕 Latest posts