3 year old howling in the middle of the night

WeezyFBaby

Reaction score
Hi all
We adopted Weezy last March from a rescue that go her from a puppy mill. She has been recently waking up in the middle of the night howling. Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on? It starts from full sleep, into a whine, then sitting up with a full howl. We have to pet her until she calms down. Appreciate some ideas of how to help her. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2482.jpeg
    IMG_2482.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I know this sounds harsh, but petting her during the howling it telling her it is acceptable behavior. try not to do that - I know it is really freakin hard, but ty. Also, maybe look into the thundershirt - it is suppose to help with anxiety and behavior issues due to stress.

WeezyFBaby

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn’t seem like a behavioral issue. This is the only time she howls, and it never happens when she is sleeping during the day. Her howl indicates pain or fear to me. My partner thinks she is getting cramps. Has anyone else experienced this?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ever seen Walter the Frenchie on social media… if yes, is it anything like that ? If you think it is pain what has your vet suggested?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you checked with the rescue to see if she was doing that before you got her? If she is only doing it at night, not sure if it would be a pain issue as I would think that she would be in pain throughout the day.

🆕 Latest posts