All New FAQ section!

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
There are many frequently asked questions here on the forums, so this new section will be our new source of information for new Frenchie owners and experienced owners to share their knowledge and experiences.

The great thing about this section is it is not going to be one member being the holy know-it-all, we can all give our input on what we information we can share and provide to help others (and maybe learn a thing or two!)

If you have a question you think would make a great FAQ, please post it. Make sure the question has not already been posted in the FAQ section (other forums ok). Remember to start your thread with FAQ: in the title so it is easily distinguishable from other forum threads.

Schimpfy

Reaction score
Now we know where to direct them, now we know where to direct them, with out repeating ourself

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
sweet.... :up: great resource for the group

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone else got any great questions for this section?

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
I love the FAQ section :)

Maybe something about puppy socialization ? As in how did you socialize your puppy/ where did you go for that? How soon did you start?
Just an idea. Thinking about what first time owners would wanna ask...

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I love the FAQ section :)

Maybe something about puppy socialization ? As in how did you socialize your puppy/ where did you go for that? How soon did you start?
Just an idea. Thinking about what first time owners would wanna ask...

Good one! You're more than welcome to post it :up:

Frenchie12

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2.3 year old French bulldog called Frenchie she was due on 30th of August or yesterday or Thursday, I had her scanned at 31days the lady said she was full and could see 8-11 pups now it's labour time she's panting frantically since 3pm it's now 1:38am in the UK.

I can feel the pups moving if I touch her sides her waters still haven't broken and no contractions I'm
Knackered but I can't leave her as she may need help.

Does anyone know why she hast broken waters yet?

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
[MENTION=2092]Frenchie12[/MENTION], I posted in your other thread you asked. Get her to the vet ASAP for a C-section Frenchies should never have their pups naturally, that's a good way to loose mom and pups. It is very hard on the mama. If she has had her pups by now and everything went well, count your blessings, you got very lucky.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I have a 2.3 year old French bulldog called Frenchie she was due on 30th of August or yesterday or Thursday, I had her scanned at 31days the lady said she was full and could see 8-11 pups now it's labour time she's panting frantically since 3pm it's now 1:38am in the UK.

I can feel the pups moving if I touch her sides her waters still haven't broken and no contractions I'm
Knackered but I can't leave her as she may need help.

Does anyone know why she hast broken waters yet?

Please update us ... how are Momma and pups doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwensmom

Reaction score
I would LOVE some advice on why my puppy keeps on peeing and pooping when we leave her in the crate during the day. We also tried setting her up with an x-pen that has a pee pad. She climbs out of it.... She doesn't pee in the crate at night but still gets up once in the middle of the night to pee.
And yes, I take her out to pee and poop before I crate her. She's almost 4 months old now.

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score
I would LOVE some advice on why my puppy keeps on peeing and pooping when we leave her in the crate during the day. We also tried setting her up with an x-pen that has a pee pad. She climbs out of it.... She doesn't pee in the crate at night but still gets up once in the middle of the night to pee.
And yes, I take her out to pee and poop before I crate her. She's almost 4 months old now.

She was crawling out of the X-pen?!

How long are you gone during the day?

gwensmom

Reaction score
Less than 2 hours. I've been home with her every day trying to potty train her. My son said he watched her climb up the sides and over within 10 minutes of me leaving the house.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score

As a guideline... they can hold for 1 hour than they are months old, so with you leaving for 2 hours she should be fine... but the climbing out of the pen... WOW! That is a first I heard of that.... maybe, just leave her in her crate if she is good at night? Try during the day and see how she does... just remember 4-5 hours is her potty limit

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score
Are you saying that she's having accidents in the crate during the day? If so, you need to make she she doesn't have too much extra room. She should only be able to turn around and lay down. If she has more than that, make her area smaller. If it's small already, maybe take out any bedding for a few days and see if that helps. Some people also will feed the puppy in the crate to drive home the message that it's their den.

gwensmom

Reaction score
I will try taking the bedding out. Even the dog trainer canโ€™t figure it out. I think itโ€™s anxiety because she LOVES being around us ALL the time. The crate weโ€™re told is the right size. (24โ€) Iโ€™m going to see if leaving her everyday helps so she gets used to it. Last night I left her fior an hour and she pooped in the crate even after she went right before I left. It doesnโ€™t seem to be spiteful and sheโ€™s not skittish about anything....I guess perseverance is the key.

Reaction score
Hello, new to the group. I have a question about eyes. My baby girl is only 10 weeks, so I know the skull still needs to grow so her eyes will "fit" better.. but I've never had a frenchie with such.. off straight? Eyes. Any opinions, advice, or have dealt with something similar and can let me know what the outcome was as their pup grew up. Thanks everyone!! Screenshot_20201128-112515_Gallery.jpg

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, new to the group. I have a question about eyes. My baby girl is only 10 weeks, so I know the skull still needs to grow so her eyes will "fit" better.. but I've never had a frenchie with such.. off straight? Eyes. Any opinions, advice, or have dealt with something similar and can let me know what the outcome was as their pup grew up. Thanks everyone!! View attachment 14299

I think it is referred to as wall-eyed, but Iโ€™m not sure if that is the issue here, but the one eye does seem off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Irmensul

Reaction score
I have a subject..I hope I've posted it in the right place..I have a Frenchy called Teddy,he's six months old.We live in Cornwall,in the United Kingdom..I read that Frenchies reach 28 pounds weight,but Teddy is already 28 pounds..
(I did see one called Hemingway on YouTube who is 72.6 pounds & one that weighed 43 pounds).
I am wondering what he will end up weighing-it seems the breeder is into mating large ones together to reduce breathing problems she said..
I kinda wanted a smaller one but I loved Teddy from the day I first got him..
So does anyone have any idea what he will weigh as an adult?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a subject..I hope I've posted it in the right place..I have a Frenchy called Teddy,he's six months old.We live in Cornwall,in the United Kingdom..I read that Frenchies reach 28 pounds weight,but Teddy is already 28 pounds..
(I did see one called Hemingway on YouTube who is 72.6 pounds & one that weighed 43 pounds).
I am wondering what he will end up weighing-it seems the breeder is into mating large ones together to reduce breathing problems she said..
I kinda wanted a smaller one but I loved Teddy from the day I first got him..
So does anyone have any idea what he will weigh as an adult?

He should level out at around 10 months... that is around when the stop growing, I think.
[MENTION=4]davidh[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk