Anyone have laryngeal tie back surgery?

Mel5219

Reaction score
Kuno has a laryngeal cut done last week to help woth her collapse but it didn’t work. Our next option is tie back, the vet said it has worked 3 out the 5 times she has done it. Anyone have any luck? The option after that is a permanent trach...

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Kuno has a laryngeal cut done last week to help woth her collapse but it didn’t work. Our next option is tie back, the vet said it has worked 3 out the 5 times she has done it. Anyone have any luck? The option after that is a permanent trach...

I have no experience, but since you are not far from me. I will PM my vet to you as they are a Frenchie knowledgeable office. Many of the staff have one and there is always one behind the desk when I go in.... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mel5219

Reaction score
I have no experience, but since you are not far from me. I will PM my vet to you as they are a Frenchie knowledgeable office. Many of the staff have one and there is always one behind the desk when I go in.... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you!!!

Ronelle

Reaction score
Yes, yes, yes! I have 2 frenchies with this problem. My 7year old had the tieback about 2 years ago due to a paralyzed larynx, it has worked out well. they only did one side, you definitely dont want to do both sides because they can aspirate. You have to give a 1/2 pepcid in their food or cream cheese every time you feed.
So I now have a 14 month old that went in for a spay and breathing surgery and they found her larnyx collapsed. After the surgery, her throat swelled up so bad and she got pneumonia we had to take her to emergency vet. THey put her in the oxygen chamber for 4 days while treating her pneumonia and they had to do a temp tracheotomy . We almost lost her, she was really having a difficult time breathing. So we have not addressed the larynx issue yet, since she is recovering. Make sure you do research and go to a vet that has experience in this surgery.